Which DVB-S2 Tuners? Support for two satellite dishes (one of which is to be motorised).

• I would be really grateful for some advice on picking some TV Tuners that will work with my setup.

I need at least four DVB-S2 tuners with three of the tuners connected to a fixed dish, pointing at 28.2e.

The fourth tuner needs to be connected to a single LNB, controlled by a USALS motor.

I have established that TBS cards do not work well with Linux so have had to discount those.

My only other options seem to be cards by either DVBSky or Digital Devices.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these?

• Thanks so much for that.

I am in the UK, where the TechnoTrends are slightly more difficult to get hold of.

I could order them from abroad but the shipping might start to cancel out any saving.

What is a clone, exactly?

Are these absolutely identical (in terms of quality, features etc.), other than the name?

• Perfect - thank you.

I already have an Hauppauge Nova S2 HD.

With a couple of the recommended cards as well, I should be able to run the fixed satellite with a quad-LNB plus another single LNB on a rotor.

I just need to make sure that the rotor feed is connected to one of the TT's as the Nova does not support Diseqc 2.1.

Thanks again.

• Hello CvH.

Just one more query if that is OK.

Thanks to your advice, I ordered a couple of Technotrends and they shall be with me shortly. As you said, they are cheaper, even taking into account shipping from Germany to the UK.

As above, I am going to have five available tuners.

As I want to connect one tuner to a rotor and the other four to a quad-LNB, what is the fewest coax leads I could do this with?

Running five coax leads is not going to be the end of the world but is it worth considering unicable?

For example, could I use one of these:

B00GKPK4AK

with one of these:

sat-splitter-4x-with-dc-passthrough-class-a-unicable-accessoires?c=227

to feed three of the Technotrend tuners and the Hauppauge and then use a second cable to feed the rotor?

• you need 1x unicable for each card so it is a bit useless but you can do it

sadly I have zero proper knowledge about these unicable/splitter setups - it could/should work

not really an help if you want an real answer here ;)