Failed installation

• Hi, I am trying to install Libreelec and it is not working. I am currently using openelec 6.0.3 and wanted to upgrade the software which failed putting my HTPC into a continuous reboot so I tried a fresh install which caused the system to boot from USB and get to the initial screen and reboot, this just kept repeating.

I then found out that the developers of openelec moved to Libreelec so common sense says to move with the main developers. Unfortunately this did not help with my installation.

I tried to install Libreelec and got the same problem I did with openelec. So I searched the forum and found a solution, this was to add a line to the syslinux.cfg file.

radeon.dpm=0

I added this to the installer and live line as instructed in the post.

Fantastic Libreelec was finally installing. Unfortunately my joy was short lived as the once installed the system would keep rebooting on a continuous loop. It didn't even get to the libreelec load screen logo.

My system is AMD A6-6400K Richland APU, 3Gb Ram.

My HTPC will install and run openelec 6.0.3 Generic with no problem but any upgrade past this results in the same issue.

I would be grateful of any help please.

Baz

• You need to provide the boot log so we can see what freaks out and causes the reboot. It's not a normal experience, but with older AMD cards there are enough weird driver bugs that remain unresolved that it's no great surprise.

• You need to provide the boot log so we can see what freaks out and causes the reboot. It's not a normal experience, but with older AMD cards there are enough weird driver bugs that remain unresolved that it's no great surprise.

Unfortunately I have no access to the system to be able to get the log and my windows systems cant access the linux partition if I connect it to my pc.

I am using the onboard graphics on the MSI A88X-G43 motherboard, I will try another card in there to see if this solves the problem.

• Hello,

Unfortunately I have no access to the system to be able to get the log

Can you install putty on your windows system?

Then you can connect to the LibreELEC system with putty running on your windows system and copy the log.

Best regards

Hartmut

• Hello,

Can you install putty on your windows system?

Then you can connect to the LibreELEC system with putty running on your windows system and copy the log.

Best regards

Hartmut

I managed to access the Linux partitions on my PC using a docking station and Ext2Fsd but I cannot find a log file.

I had 2 partition, System and Storage. Both had a lost+found folder.

The system partition had the following files:-

extlinux.conf

KERNEL

Idlinux.c32

Idlinux.sys

SYSTEM

These are all the files on the partitions. I had Show hidden files, folders and drives turned on so there are no hidden files.

Thanks Baz