LE + IR receiver

• Hi Everyone

I cannot for the life of me get my IR receiver working with LE. So some details:

1. IR receiver is homebrew - TSOP attached to pin 12 (gpio18)

2. Remote is a urc remote (atlas 1055)

3. Confirmed IR receiver is connected and receiving data - I can see pulses on screen when i run

Code
    mode2 -d /dev/lirc0

i tried following the instructions in the wiki HERE

I've edited the config file and added

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir

I get stuck when i run

Code
    ir-keytable

i get

Code
    Couldn't find any node at /sys/class/rc/rc*.

help? /shrug

• dmesg indicates that you have "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" in your config.txt. Remove that line, use "dtoverlay=gpio-ir" (which is the modern replacement of lirc-rpi) instead and ir-keytable should work.

so long,

Hias

• dmesg indicates that you have "dtoverlay=lirc-rpi" in your config.txt. Remove that line, use "dtoverlay=gpio-ir" (which is the modern replacement of lirc-rpi) instead and ir-keytable should work.

so long,

Hias

ahhh silly mistake. I must have typed in lirc-rpi instead of gpio...even thou i typed that above in the OP...sorry about that.

Anyway new problem is that there doesnt seem to be any driver loaded

when i run ir-keytable or when i try to load a specific table manually:

/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory

This is mentioned in the WIKI but theres no instructions how to load the driver or why it doesnt load

• double check that the config.txt line is correct. On success you should get the following lines in dmesg - and ir-keytable should work:

Code
    [    5.865255] rc rc0: gpio_ir_recv as /devices/platform/ir-receiver/rc/rc0
    [    5.865488] input: gpio_ir_recv as /devices/platform/ir-receiver/rc/rc0/input1
    [    5.876159] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (gpio-rc-recv) registered at minor = 0

If you can't get it working add the following line to config.txt

Code
    dtdebug=1

Then reeboot and post the output of the following commands:

Code
    paste /flash/config.txt
    vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | paste
    dmesg | paste

so long,

Hias

• double check that the config.txt line is correct. On success you should get the following lines in dmesg - and ir-keytable should work:

Code
    [    5.865255] rc rc0: gpio_ir_recv as /devices/platform/ir-receiver/rc/rc0
    [    5.865488] input: gpio_ir_recv as /devices/platform/ir-receiver/rc/rc0/input1
    [    5.876159] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (gpio-rc-recv) registered at minor = 0

If you can't get it working add the following line to config.txt

Code
    dtdebug=1

Then reeboot and post the output of the following commands:

Code
    paste /flash/config.txt
    vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | paste
    dmesg | paste

so long,

Hias

Hias thanks for your help and patience.

I re-edited the config file ...deleted actually... and started with a fresh copy and re-added dtoverlay=gpio-ir to it.

Rebooted and voila ir-keytable worked as advertised.

Now, i was struggling a little bit getting my remote to work (harmony 650) but after some digging, i needed to add the correct device profile to it - Windows media center. Once that was added, the remote/kodi worked out of the box with no further changes needed to either the IR keytable or anything else.

One note for anyone else reading this in the future, change your device power on/off settings in the Harmony setup for the Windows Media Centre PC profile you just added. Must be kept on at all times. Otherwise every time you switch activities (ie. switch from kodi to watching your cable box lets say) the media center will power off.