Will not Wake from suspend & Chromium Add-on overscanning - Generic.x86_64_8.1.2 8.2

• I am new to LibreELEC so please forgive me if I'm missing something.....I acquired (free) an old DELL Latitude E6420 with a broken display screen and decided to turn it into a HTPC/Kodi box. (I disconnected the broken LCD screen in the lid and am running video out the HDMI to a Panasonic Plasma TV) I wiped the hard drive and loaded "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.1.2.img" via a USB. I find it boots up fast and works great but with a couple of issues....when I put the box into suspense it will not wake up no matter what key I press on the built in keyboard or the Logitech K400 Plus HTPC wireless keyboard. I've changed the BIOS setting to have the machine wake from suspense via a USB device and have tried all of the USB ports. Does not work. When the box goes into suspense, the fan keeps running at a high speed, does not power down as I would expect and the screen is blank except for a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. The only way to get it to wake is to power off/ on. What I am trying to do is: Manually power on the machine, place into my entertainment cabinet and put it into suspense when not in use. (I would reboot the device manually a couple times a week to keep things in good order.) Any suggestions?

The other issue I have is display over scanning when running the Chromium add-on. The edges run off the screen. Any idea on how to properly resize to fit the TV?

• Any suggestions?

I've an old E6400 which gets used for testing once in a while. Suspend type stuff worked once in the past but never since I updated the firmware about 4 years ago. Solution = don't use old laptops with crap firmware as HTPC devices.

Display overscan is ideally solved by setting the TV to some kind of "Just scan" setting instead of forcing 16:9. If that's not possible you can go into Kodi and calibrate the screen output for each refresh rate that you will use; i.e. if you calibrate at the default 60Hz you also need to repeat at 23.98 (23.976Hz) and 50Hz (PAL 25Hz x2) etc.

• Copy. Didn't know about the firmware deficiencies. Just trying to re-purpose an old machine. We will just do the manual power on until I do a new build. Maybe a Raspberry Pi? Any suggestions or guidance?

The TV is kinda old (2009) and has its own firmware issues. No "Just Scann" setting. My main custom HTPC build (Linux Mint w/ Kodi) I hooked up to this TV previously had over-scanning problems too. The other two newer TVs in the house have no issues.

Will give the Hz calibration in Kodi a try.

Thanks for the reply.