Bugtracker

• I am missing a bugtracker or something similar. I am using Gitlab for my own projects. There you can define issues and milestones. That's great for agile development, because you can use issues as artifacts/tasks/whatever. Creating and assigning issues could help to increase the development output and to force a direction I think. Jm2c.

PS: I can provide my Gitlab server for using as bugtracker for LE.

Edited once, last by drieschel (July 19, 2016 at 2:17 PM).

• Official Post

We've been sort of hoping/wishing that GitHub improves the Issues function; they've hinted changes are coming. At the moment it's deliberately turned off as OE experience shows an open tracker attracts a lot of "my wireless doesn't work" noise, and users get confused on where to report issues (we'd prefer the forums, and GitHub requires another registration). If we could restrict GitHub issues to prior contributors or a list of known people it would be ideal. We'd pass on the offer of using your server; the gesture is appreciated but as a result of our OE experience the team mandates that infrastructure and apps must not being dependent on any single person .. once bitten, twice as shy!

• Official Post

User donations fund some VPS for web/forums. The project is happy to receive "no strings" donations and support, but we prefer to be independent of "sponsor" obligations (another lesson learned). It might change in the future, but seems to be working for now :)