smart playlist not updating

• I made some playlists , so i can make customer TABs at Aeon NOX for KIDS-MOVIE, MOVIE, HOME-MOVIE

These playlist are pointed to a special directory where these movies are storred

But when i add a new movie in that directory where a playlist is pionted to, it will not be added in the playlist at my menu , when i press library update

How to update playlist ?

the only way i discovered is , go to video>files >directory press "C" and select add to library

then kodi comes with a list or a proposal of which movie it will be. If i klick OK , then the movie will be added in my playlist

This is a very cumbersome way to do

• Library updates will update the Library. Playlists are a manually created list of things that can be things from the Library or from the non-Library videos view. Playlists are supposed to be manual. Hence everything works as expected.

• Playlists or Smart Playlists?

Playlists will not update automatically.

Smart playlist should do - they filter library content.

From your description in #1 I'm guessing they're smart playlists - so all you should have to do is update the library.

• euuh yes sorry , it is a smart play list

in the menu i choose PAD CONTAINS and the it is pionted to the directory

maybe a setting is not correct . but when i klick on library update or auto update at startup(when it was selected)

it will not update when i had added a move in the directory

So i hope if somebody could help me on that , hou to update it simpel

• It sounds as though 'library update' is where it's going wrong - so your files aren't actually being added to the library until you do the context-menu stuff. Posting the same question on the kodi forum with a link to a debug log (of a scan with at least one new movie) is probably the way to go.

FWIW I have a bunch of smart playlists based on <path> and <starts with> that update fine.