Not working remote controler on Mecool M8s pro+

• Hi guys! I'm running LibreELEC on my Mecool M8s pro+ but my RC is not working. I was trying copy remote.conf from android to config in LE but still not working.
    How to fix it?

My remote.conf from Android:

• I am trying to get the M8S Pro+'s remote working in LibreELEC 10.88.0. The file structure has changed, so the previous remote.conf can not be used as-is (and the above link is dead, anyway).

I am reading the Wiki on IR remotes, and am trying to create a new custom remote, but I don't know what to put in as "protocol"? Eg. the vega_s9x.toml has:

So what should I put in the "header", before the scan code mappings?

Edit: Never mind, I figured out the protocol with ir-keymap -t and it's "nec", but I can't get the EV_KEY events to show with my new mecool.toml:

Code
    [[protocols]]
    name = "Mecool M8S Pro+"
    protocol = "nec"
    variant = "nec"
    [protocols.scancodes]
    0x59 = "KEY_POWER"

Any idea why, after loading that with ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/mecool.toml, it only shows the lirc events and not the key events..?

Edited once, last by appas (January 23, 2023 at 10:53 PM).

• Ok - I have a working remote!

Here is the mecool.toml file:

Edited once, last by appas (January 23, 2023 at 11:31 PM).

• How do I make the custom remote persistent?

The Wiki says

If you find a working keytable file the config can be made persistent by creating /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with the name of the keytable

So, I created /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with the content:

Code
    * * mecool

But it does not work.

What do I need to put here to have the mecool.toml file loaded on startup?

• How do I make the custom remote persistent?

The Wiki says

So, I created /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with the content:

Code
    * * mecool

But it does not work.

What do I need to put here to have the mecool.toml file loaded on startup?

Ok, so the comments to this file led me on the right path, and I managed to solve this: you need to have the filename in the third column, ie. "mecool.toml", not just "mecool".