Posts by appas

I am having this problem. The drives were there, then not, and now I can't get them mounted.

They work fine in Windows, and I can see eg.

Code
    blkid /dev/sda2
    /dev/sda2: LABEL="Seagate Backup Plus Drive" BLOCK_SIZE="512" UUID="02608207608201A1" TYPE="ntfs" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="5cb7b5b4-a19a-49c0-bab8-225138d63edd"

But if I try

Code
    mount /dev/sda2 /media/sda2
    mount: mounting /dev/sda2 on /media/sda2 failed: Invalid argument

NTFS used to work, and there is a "ntfs3" in /proc/filesystems, but

Code
    mount -t ntfs /dev/sda2 /media/sda2
    mount: mounting /dev/sda2 on /media/sda2 failed: Invalid argument
    mount: mounting /dev/sda2 on /media/sda2 failed: No such device

Same with -t ntfs3.

I am using LibreELEC 10.95.2 on a Mecool M8S Pro+.

How do I make the custom remote persistent?

The Wiki says

So, I created /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with the content:

Code
    * * mecool

But it does not work.

What do I need to put here to have the mecool.toml file loaded on startup?

Ok, so the comments to this file led me on the right path, and I managed to solve this: you need to have the filename in the third column, ie. "mecool.toml", not just "mecool".

How do I make the custom remote persistent?

The Wiki says

If you find a working keytable file the config can be made persistent by creating /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with the name of the keytable

So, I created /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg with the content:

Code
    * * mecool

But it does not work.

What do I need to put here to have the mecool.toml file loaded on startup?

Ok - I have a working remote!

Here is the mecool.toml file:

I am trying to get the M8S Pro+'s remote working in LibreELEC 10.88.0. The file structure has changed, so the previous remote.conf can not be used as-is (and the above link is dead, anyway).

I am reading the Wiki on IR remotes, and am trying to create a new custom remote, but I don't know what to put in as "protocol"? Eg. the vega_s9x.toml has:

So what should I put in the "header", before the scan code mappings?

Edit: Never mind, I figured out the protocol with ir-keymap -t and it's "nec", but I can't get the EV_KEY events to show with my new mecool.toml:

Code
    [[protocols]]
    name = "Mecool M8S Pro+"
    protocol = "nec"
    variant = "nec"
    [protocols.scancodes]
    0x59 = "KEY_POWER"

Any idea why, after loading that with ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/mecool.toml, it only shows the lirc events and not the key events..?

Addon System Tools from LibeELEC Add-ons Repository.

See video Terminal on LibreELEC.

The add-on "System Tools" says "This is a console-only addon" or something like that when I try to start it. The video is unavailable, so if there was some extra information there, I don't have it.

I am looking for a terminal emulator to launch within Kodi. ChatGPT said there should be "Terminal" add-ons in the repo, but I could not find any.

Ok, so I formatted an SD card using the SD Formatter, then installed the snapshot on it. It still would not boot.

The card is SDCX, but I don't think that's the issue, as the previous 9.2.5 version boots from the same card, and the working install is also on an SDXC card.

I'm going back to the 8.2.3.1 install, for now. Thanks for all you've done to try and help me.

I don't think my box has a reset button; there is a whole in the bottom, but there is no "click" when I try to push a SIM card removal tool in there.

However, the new LibreELEC booted from the card, after all (don't know why, as there were no changes made), so I am now running the new version!

Now, to install all of the add-ons... I am currently facing some trouble installing the Transmission add-on - the Kodi Wiki says it "has been marked as broken in the repository: Violation of our piracy policy", but I guess that's no longer in the scope of this thread.

Thank you for helping me with the upgrade!

edit: Actually, looks like I have no network connectivity on the new install. Could you help me with that, still?

In the System info > Network, it says "Link: Not connected". Under LibreELEC > Connections, nothing is shown. Previously, this is where I connected to my Wifi.

Do I need to do something to enable the Wifi on my device, to get my AP to show here?

I suggest you try to make a clean install on an sd card with S905/MXQ-4K-Pro_2G image.

You need to copy your old remote.conf to the root directory of the card.

Ok, I tried that image, both the update route and with a clean image. The update just booted to the old version of LibreELEC, as before (and wiped the Update directory). The SD card made with LibreELEC-AML.USB-SD.Creator did not boot - the box fell back to booting from internal NAND, meaning it started the built-in Android OS when that card was inserted.

In addition, several of Mecool M8S Pro+ models are available, so I need an accurate model number. The plain model (without additional letters) is equipped with the S905X SoC, but the "L" version is built with S912. (The S912 is not even supported by me.)

My box says S905X 2GB/16GB.

Moreover, updating from v8.2 to v9.2 is not recommended just because the first use native 64-bit Kodi and with native 64-bit binary add-ons, while the second uses 32-bit Kodi (only the kernel is 64-bit).

So is it better to keep using the old version on this box?

Thanks for the help.

Hi all. I have a MeCool M8S Pro+ that i am trying to upgrade from LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 to 9.2.8.5 from https://github.com/dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML .

The github page just says

To install the update, you must copy the 'tar' file to the Update folder via SMB, and then restart the device. The update process will start automatically after the restart

I have placed the .tar file (LibreELEC-M8S-Plus.arm-9.2.8.5.tar) in the Update folder via SMB and rebooted, but i just get the same old version and no upgrade process starts. Is there a way to manually start the update? Why is it not starting automatically, if that's what should happen?

I might add that after a reboot, the Update folder gets emptied...

I want to share this just in case anyone else runs into the same issue: yesterday, Transmission add-on suddenly no longer worked. I checked the logs and searched Ecosia with the clues there, and I found this: How to fix “ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘search’” | Copy, paste, and become a programming Guru - Like StackOverflow, but oversimplified

However, the correct package to install using pip was "search-cli". I needed to first install pip: Installation — pip 20.2.4 documentation