wake on lan no longer works

• Hi all,

Currently running LibreELEC 8.0.2 on a Mac mini (Mid-2011). Wake on lan used to work when I had OpenELEC running on the same machine. But since moving to LibreELEC, wake on lan no longer works.

Wondering if it was possible to change a setting somewhere to get it working again?

Cheers,

Zolt

• Are you talking about WOL being sent from the mac mini to a NAS? .. or WOL waking the mac mini itself?

I've seen complaints about people not being able to wake mini's from suspend using IR remote controls in the past and although the actual reason is not understood it has something to do with kernel changes that result in the box going into S4 state and the IR receiver not being powered to receive the wake signal. Those reports always have a "but it used to work on <some older release>" comment. I'd hypothesise your issue probably has it's roots in the same kernel changes. It's nothing specific about moving from OE to LE, it's all about something in the kernel and you'd see the same issue if you moved from OE 6.0 to OE 8.0 as well.

• Other way around, things are now in S4 (a deeper sleep state) not S3. It's probably a general kernel change but the only complaints we see are from mac mini users so it's not impacting our normal "Generic" user population. I'd guess the root cause is something in the mac firmware that's not handled or excepted in the kernel correctly. Unfortunately none of the developer team are experts in kernel power management and I'm the only person who has a mac mini (an 2007 device which is a complete sh1t to boot Linux on) and I don't have the time/patience/inclination to see if my box is relevant to the problem; it's old and has completely different firmware to the 2010+ device people report issues against.