LCDProc

• I have a problem with the LCDProc addon for KODI 17! (With KODI 16 and the included LCDProc everything works fine!)

My configuration:
    RaspberryPi 2B
    Display 20x4 (HD44780) connected via GPIO
    LibreElec 8.0.0
    LCDproc v8.1.103
    hd44780.so (81kb, copied to "/storage/Downloads/", works fine with Kodi 16)

These are the changes I have made in the LCDd.conf in "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.lcdd/":
    "DriverPath=/storage/downloads/
    Driver=hd44780
    ConnectionType=raspberrypi
    D7=18
    D6=23
    D5=24
    D4=25
    RS=7
    EN=8"

This is the error message I get:
    "Driver [hd44780] init failed, return code -1
    Could not load driver hd44780
    There is no output driver
    Critical error while initializing, abort."

There is one more line in the error message when using the bundled driver:
    "check_board_rev: This board is not recognized as a Raspberry Pi!
    Driver [hd44780] init failed, return code -1
    Could not load driver hd44780
    There is no output driver
    Critical error while initializing, abort."

Please let me know if you need more information or if you want me to test something!

The same problem is also discussed in this thread:
    thread-1930-page-5.html?highlight=lcdproc

Edited once, last by Cyberdyne (March 23, 2017 at 9:24 AM).

• It looks like the kernel changed the way how the SoC is displayed in /proc/cpuinfo.
    As this info is checked in LCDproc's raspberrypi driver, it does not work anymore.

The solution is to update LCDproc for LibreELEC with the commits in my
    pull request to LCDproc upstream:
    Raspberry Pi changes by marschap · Pull Request #76 · lcdproc/lcdproc · GitHub
    This also allows for multiple-controller displays in the hd44780-gpio driver.

• It looks like the kernel changed the way how the SoC is displayed in /proc/cpuinfo.
    As this info is checked in LCDproc's raspberrypi driver, it does not work anymore.

The solution is to update LCDproc for LibreELEC with the commits in my
    pull request to LCDproc upstream:
    Raspberry Pi changes by marschap · Pull Request #76 · lcdproc/lcdproc · GitHub
    This also allows for multiple-controller displays in the hd44780-gpio driver.

Great! I'll submit a fix ASAP.

• AWESOME! It works!
    Thank you so much!

I hope it works with the other RPi versions as well! At least with the RPi2 it is running fine now!

If you need me for more testing, please let me know!

Edited once, last by Cyberdyne (March 30, 2017 at 8:28 PM).

• Hi
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this (awiouy - you seem to be the lcdproc guy ;) :(
    The package url for lcdproc in the make file seems to be incorrect now
    LibreELEC.tv/package.mk at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Code
    PKG_URL="https://github.com/lcdproc/lcdproc/archive/lcdproc-$PKG_VERSION.tar.gz"
    Should be:
    PKG_URL="https://github.com/lcdproc/lcdproc/archive/v$PKG_VERSION.tar.gz"

Edited once, last by sam3 (April 5, 2017 at 5:42 PM).

• Official Post

Hi
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this (awiouy - you seem to be the lcdproc guy ;) :(
    The package url for lcdproc in the make file seems to be incorrect now
    LibreELEC.tv/package.mk at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Code
    PKG_URL="https://github.com/lcdproc/lcdproc/archive/lcdproc-$PKG_VERSION.tar.gz"
    Should be:
    PKG_URL="https://github.com/lcdproc/lcdproc/archive/v$PKG_VERSION.tar.gz"

Forward port of latest lcdd has not been commited to master yet. It is here: Forward port of #1496 by awiouy · Pull Request #1502 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• On a generic AMD64 machine got my Lis LCD display working with the add-on but it only really says "Welcome to Libre...".

I know how to set it up on a normal Ubuntu install but new to LibreELEC, I wiped out my previous Ubuntu 14.04 machine and put the beta LibreELEC on it. So I am trying to set it up again.

I had the LCD displaying system stats with the old setup etc but now with the Add-on it doesn't really do anything.

I looked in addon_data\service.lcdd and it only has 2 files: LCDd.conf and settings.xml.

Well settings.xml basically just sets the driver.

LCDd.conf has the driver set to "curses" which is wrong but most likely the default. I tried changing it to "lis" like I had in my old setup but no different after a reboot.

What happened to the lcdproc.conf file that is in a normal LCDproc setup?