Custom folders under storage?

• Sure, just make sure the sources in the Kodi GUI are directed to the correct folders.

I was able to create the folders via the Kodi File Manager, but when I browse the directory from a Windows computer, none of the newly created folders show up. I have to copy content into one of the folders that does show up (ie. Videos), and then go in through the Kodi File Manager and move them from videos to movies.

• I was able to create the folders via the Kodi File Manager, but when I browse the directory from a Windows computer, none of the newly created folders show up. I have to copy content into one of the folders that does show up (ie. Videos), and then go in through the Kodi File Manager and move them from videos to movies.

Edit your samba.conf file - or make it from samba.conf.sample in storage/.config (the .config folder shows up as 'Configfiles' in windows explorer by default).
    My samba.conf as an example - it's easy enough to edit, I just use notepad++ and chuck it in storage/.config, then reboot.

Just noticed mine's still an old one from from openelec - you can see I've added some shares and #ed out others I never use. Use your original samba.conf.sample file as a template, make your changes, re-name to samba.conf, reboot.

Edit: didn't see Grimson's post when I started writing that. Same thing.

Edited once, last by trogggy (October 12, 2016 at 5:06 PM).