Posts by jssilva

How long do you need to enter the password? About 2 minutes or much faster?
    Connman fires also this "error" notification if it took too long to enter the correct password. In connman config you can increase the 120sec up to your desired timeout.

No, it's not that I'm afraid. I noticed the time limit and so I attached a keyboard to make the entry much faster.

Thank you for helping, though.

Most of the time that error is just a red herring and the wifi will actually connect if you try it again.

Believe me, I tried tens of times and it does not associate. Even opening the AP, without WPA2.

Connman does not create the folder in /storage/.cache/connman so I manually created it, with the proper mac address, by adapting another one I had from a thumb adapter; it still does not associate. An android AP is also no good.

LE does however work very well with a thumb adapter I have that uses the 8192eu driver which, by the way, did not work with OE 6 because the driver was not included. I then compiled OE from source with the driver included and it worked. This was solved by OE 7.

EDIT: In GitHub - pvaret/rtl8192cu-fixes: Realtek 8192 chipset driver, ported to kernel 3.11.
    These devices are known not to be supported:

• Alfa AWUS036NHR
    • TP-Link WN8200ND <=== my own

Devices that use dual antennas are known not to work well. This appears to be an issue in the upstream Realtek driver.
    EofEdit

Relevant dmesg of association trial:

I know this is an older topic, however I ran into the same issue today.

I bought a new RPI 2, installed LE 8.0.0 and put in a "EDIMAX EW-7811UN"-Wireless-USB-Adapter.

When I try to connect to my fritzbox (after I entered the correct password [WPA+WPA2]), it drops the same message: "Network Error. "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote app[...]".

Some experience with this?

Same here with TP-Link TL-WN8200ND (Realtek 2357:0100 chipset 8192cu)