Posts by bornagainpenguin

I have already posted about this on the Kodi Forums to see if this is isolated behavior to just the installs of Kodi and LibreELEC I've personally setup but despite over seventy views and waiting two days there have been no responses, so I'm posting here to see if anyone can help.

I am running Kodi via LibreELEC (official) 9.2.6 on a minipc and I checked against this with Kodi 19.1 on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS with a new profile on my Lenovo Thinkpad x250 with a clean profile, both demonstrating the same behavior. Here is a log: hastebin

I downloaded some videos from YouTube and scraped the subtitles for the songs. I tested the subs and they display without issue on the videos in VLC. I copied them to the media directory for my Kodi to use and added them to the library. Videos add without issue and play without issue. Even using Party Mode is fine and will play without issue including the subtitles. Where it gets odd is if you run Party mode in Party mode.

Usually this just ends up with a reordered and more random playlist, however with my subtitles I noticed that running Party mode in Party mode results in the video playing but a complete inability to get subtitles to work. Can anyone duplicate this? Is this an actual bug or something resulting from me doing something the system never anticipated?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I'm not sure if you're saying this is just cosmetic or not. Even if it doesn't actually hurt anything I'd recommend trying to make the message go away before final release as it just screams something is wrong to the average person. Just saying.

For the rest of us it's just annoying not necessarily scary. I hate anything that breaks the appliance level smoothness that LibreELEC creates when everything is done right. It just looks so professional and definitely passes the SAF\WAF issue.

I can give it to my Dad in a box already configured and to him it's like having a corporate cable box or streamer of some sort. It just has that polished feel. So thank you for that and your time.

Here's an updated version of the script, copy the text and open an editor such as nano and paste it and save as retropie_installer.sh (for example) then do: chmod +x retropie_installer.sh and then run: sh retropie_installer.sh

In the process of trying this a second time now. First time I had the connection close on me half way and I was unable to make it work afterwards. That install I used the WiFi built into my Lenovo M73, this time I'm going with Ethernet so I hope things go better. Not sure how but I hope at the end of things I'll be able to adjust the networking to WiFi because I am unable to run a cord to this desktop all the time at the moment.

Interestingly something in the settings had me end up with almost the entire Gnome desktop. Not sure this is intentional given the openbox installation later on.

ARGH...it died on me again while I was typing. error message says that:

Code
    E: Failed to fetch https://dl.bintray.com/mmatyas/deb/dists/testing/InRelease  403  Forbidden [IP: 43.213.218.48 443]
    E: The repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/mmatyas/deb testing InRelease' is not singned.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8)  manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package pegasus-frontend
    retropie_installer.sh: 49: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

So not really sure when you'll see this but it didn't work for me and I'm really not sure how to recover from this...

EDIT: Just wanted to mention that I've been trying to troubleshoot this with the help of a friend in Discord and on the Ubuntu-Mate forums. Sadly there seem to be multiple points of breakage, so when you come back I'd dearly appreciate your feedback on what we've got so far...

I have observed this on both the LibreELEC 9.2 and the LibreELEC 10.0 beta 2 releases for generic x64 hardware. The hardware is a HP Elitedesk 705 G3 with AMD Pro A10-8770E and 8GB of RAM and AMD Radeon Carrizo. I have two of these, one is for my Dad and one is for my own use. The one my Dad has is running the older release of LibreELEC and I am currently running the second beta for Matrix.

The behavior is as follows:

Open Shoutcast addon. Select preferred stream. Kodi attempts to load the audio and then suddenly the entire interface crashes, after a few seconds the application reloads. Try again with different station. Stream may or may not load. If it loads all is fine. If it fails to load, the entire application will crash and restart.

I attempted to submit my logs through the LibreELEC Configuration program in settings but it will not send the logs. Tried repeatedly and it will not do it. I grabbed the zip file with all the information from the logfiles folder mounted to my laptop and am attaching it here. log-2021-04-23-13.42.50.zip

This intrigues me. Is there a place to discuss it further? I know this is an older post. What I want to know most is what the end result looks like allowing you to switch between systems (Kodi, Emulation Station, Steam) and whether a desktiop is needed or if there is a way to bind the three together for complete control with a remote?

The latest version of PseudoTV Live lists as dependency PVR IPTV Simple Client minimum version 7.5.0 but only version 7.4.3.1 seems available. Without the PVR addon it is now no longer possible to upgrade or install the addon.

Is there any way to get a more recent build of the IPTV Simple Client? I can't seem to find it and when notified of the issue Lunatixz pointed out that the current release is for 7.5.1 and said that "LibreELEC has its own distribution of Kodi, I can not speak for it" and explained he was focused on getting PseudoTV Live to work and not interested in trying to support distros, package managers, dockers, etc.

Almost all threads that I could locate seemed to assume some kind of pirating was going on when people were trying to build their own copy of the addon, I'm not looking for that I just want to run PseudoTV Live.

This is on two different pieces of hardware using the same media. One is a Lenovo m73 tiny. That's an Intel Core i3-4130T, Integrated: Integrated 2013 Intel HD graphics, 8GB system RAM. The other is an HP Elite Desk 705 G3 Desktop Mini with an AMD A10, AMD Radeon R9 graphics, 8GB RAM.

We are running LibreELEC, v9.95.1 10.0 with kernel: Linux 5.10.21 on both hardware.

I do not yet have access to a debug log I will provide one when I get to my Lenovo and have access to create one. Then I will edit a link to that log here.

The issue: If you start a show with subtitles they will display as normal. However if you pause the show or rewind it the subtitles will be disabled when you attempt to resume watching. You need to access the subtitles menu and re-enable them to get the to display. The same thing seems to happen if you rewind a show and resume playback.

To reproduce, have subtitles with the video, start video after some time pause video. Subtitles disappear. Re-enable subtitles within the video. Play video for sometime. Rewind video, subtitles stop playing. Open menu, subtitles are disabled again.

OK, I finally got around to this. I used the latest alpha release and it did seem to help but with the trade off that none of my videos wanted to play or played with stuttering, my skin broke and I had a horrible time navigating. I guess that's why they call it an alpha release, right?

Trouble seems to be the UAS (which I can confirm doesn't seem to be there in the alpha release). Is it possible to get 'only' a kernel update which fixes this for those of us suffering from it? Some kind of hot fix or patch? Thanks.

Edit: Have been restarting from scratch (the backup didn't work for some reason when I reformatted the card and tried to restore it from my flash drive) and using the 7.01 version of LibreElec to test an assumption. Apparently while I still get the UAS warning in this version it still mounts the drive. Anyone know what might have changed between 7.01 and 7.02 to make things a problem?

Yeah because an app with all your passwords doesn't spell a single point of failure at all..

Look I get it. Best practices are best practices for a reason. Security is a mindset not a bolt-on widget. We must all practice CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

Yet all I am is a poster on a forum, not a developer or anyone important. I use a more secure password for other stuff than I do with my bank (actually I avoid online banking) and my email--at least I DID until forums started demanding complex passwords and I started dipping into my more secure passwords just so I'd remember them... Want to bet I'm not alone with that there? I'd happily bet that demanding more security in places that doesn't really need it has WEAKENED security as people start reusing their more complex passwords with a false sense of security leading to more single points of failure incidents.

If nothing else it'd be a helpful reminder to have the password rules near the login page so people could refresh their memories. Some how I just don't think there's much security in resetting the passwords to sites before every post or that creeping disaster in the making that is having the browser save more and more passwords...

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Are these really necessary? It seems like every time I go to the forums I have to reset the password after being told I used too many attempts. If nothing else could the password rules be posted somewhere easy to find so people like myself can figure out just what aspect of the password we altered to appease the gods of security practices this time? Thanks!

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

As someone who seems to have this exact same issue, has this been fixed? What are the recommendations because I've been running into this over and over again.

I have the Rpi3, using the MediaPi Plus case (includes powered USB hub in case) and running the current stable release. Should I upgrade to the latest alpha to see if this will result in my rpi3 seeing my hard drive again?