Posts by Sevren68

1 - It´s possible to backup all the content/configuration on my sdcard so I could put it in another sdcard and use it just like it was the original????

Sure ... i use Win32DiskImager. Just insert the sd card into your PC select "Read" to create and .img file ... then insert a blank sd card and select "Write". It will (should) be an exact mirror copy (or clone) of your other sd card with same content/configuration.

Still can't get remote to work though, unsure of how to extract remote.conf from stock firmware seeing how I have formatted my storage.

I followed user TNS's guide and my remote works fine now in LibreELEC
    (i did extract my remote.conf from stock firmware .. but it did'nt work, but using TNS's attached download, it worked great)

LibreELEC

edit: and i did'nt have to use Kepmap Editor addon ... all buttons functions ok

Tested this Version on SD Card: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161003204518-r23361-gb5788b7.img

On COOLEME MB1 and works pretty good ! .. thanks kszaq

Really pleased with the "Reboot to NAND" which reboots back to Android ... cus i like to play Android Games and Emulators :)

What bluetooth dongle are you using?

Did you install any extra pad driver/add-ons?

I'm not using a bluetooth dongle ... i have a Raspberry Pi 3

Did'nt install anything except Kodi and Gamestarter add-on ... Sony PS3 Dualshock Controller paired with RPi3 Bluetooth 1st go, and auto connects (when i press the PS button on the Controller) everytime without issue.

*EDIT* dug out my Raspberry Pi 2 and my Orico BTA403 Mini USB Bluetooth 4.0 adaptor ... syncs fine as well with the PS3 Dualshock

Sevren68 you can try to launch it using ssh in order to see the output log and discover what is failing (in my next update I will include a log text file for debugging). Also you can try to download it using retroarch settings menu, "add content" option or something similar...

This is strange ... i went into Gamestarter config and selected "Retroarch" as the default Launcher

and Quake works fine

eg. Load Content > Select File and Detect Core > ports > quake > id1 > pak1.pak

and the game plays ok

After copying back quake folder and quake sh file you have to give this last file permissions... you can do it over FTP (right click and select all execution/reading permissions) or over SSH (chmod 755). Try it.

I right clicked on it and it's already set to 755 ? ... noticed the config.cfg, pak0.pak and pak1.pak are 644 (should i change them to 755 ?)
    edit: changed the 644 to 755 ... no dice

Thanks, i will try it later today
    Really appreciate it

EDIT: Just tried it ... it works !!!!! you're awesome ! thank you again

EDIT2: bummer, Quake no longer works (i backed it up before deleting the ports folder) .. just wondering if i should run Gamemaker pi ports again ? (might mess everything up ... but i'll give it go)

Apologies for this silly question ... it doesent bother me too much, but

"Emulation Station" launcher does not work in OpenELEC 6.0.3 .... Gamestarter just Crashes and returns to Kodi

"Retroarch" launcher works fine ... (but is not as "noob friendly" as Emultation Station)

Sure, ES worked fine when i was using LibreELEC (but it went back to OpenELEC Isengard 15.2 .. because i like running a Skin that's broken in Kodi 16)

Just wondering ... why ?

Thanks

Game related question: "Has anyone tried playing QUAKE ?"

I have a PS3 controller and the Analog Sticks are behaving like Digital Sticks ie. even i you slightly press "UP" to look up it immediately looks up (at the sky)

I've tried all the Controller Analog/Digital settings .. mouse speed etc but can't get the Analog sticks to work properly, ie. they are overly sensitive

would appreciate it if anyone else could test and provide feedback or an answer

Sevren68, can you please test this?:
    -install from zip again your OS addon version
    - before launch it exec this ssh command: sh /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/install.sh
    Paste here the output
    Thanks.

here's the output ... looks like there's a problem

[email protected]'s password:
    ##############################################
    # OpenELEC #
    # OpenELEC Mediacenter - Home #
    ##############################################

OpenELEC (official) Version: 6.0.3
    OpenELEC:~ # sh /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/install.s
    h
    Gamestarter v2
    ::Gamestarter:: -> installing in Open/LibreELEC...
    ::Gamestarter:: -> edit config.txt...
    ::Gamestarter:: -> script permissions...
    ::Gamestarter:: -> copying packages...
    ::Gamestarter:: -> installing advanced launcher...
    ln: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.launcher/advancedlauncher: File exists
    Connecting to github.com (192.30.253.112:443)
    Connecting to codeload.github.com (192.30.253.121:443)
    advanced.launcher.ta 100% |************************************************************************************************************| 277k 0:00:00 ETA
    /storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/install.sh: line 131: syntax error: unexpected "fi"
    [hr]

EDIT: Decided to try and fix it myself

Got it working now ...

1. extracted script.gamestarter-v2.1.0-OLE.zip

2. opened install.sh using notepad++ and edited/removed fi from Line 131

3. rezipped and installed

4. now working

New addon version release!
    Gamestarter v2.1.0 (changelog)

- RetroArch 1.3.6
    - CaveStory, Quake and Doom libretro ports included.
    - mame2003-libretro core update including Hiscores and config file for in-core settings menu.
    - New crt-pi shader for retroarch.

enjoy!

*BUG REPORT*

I can't get this to work ...

STEP 1. Downloaded ... script.gamestarter-v2.1.0-OLE.zip (i am running OpenELEC 6.0.3)

STEP 2. Add-ons ~ Install ZIP

STEP 3. Gamestarter is running for the 1st Time ~ Message

STEP 4. Done! now copy your Roms and Bios ~ Message

Click on "Gamestarter" in Program Add-ons and goes back to STEP 3 ( Gamestarter is running for the 1st Time ) and then STEP 4 ... but will not actually "Launch" the Gamestarter app (have chosen "Retroarch" as the default interface)

Have tried the following ... Uninstall Old Version, Rebooted after STEP 4 , still goes into a "Install Re-cycle" eg. back to STEP 3

EDIT : Uninstalled 2.1.0 and re-installed 2.0.4 ... and 2.0.4 works Fine, starts in Retroarch without any problems.