Posts by trohn_javolta

After some recent hickups with Spotify Connect Web addon I discovered this new version/addon.

It works great, thx for the nice work.

With the option to playback in kodi, is there an even better integration thinkable?

I mean just basic stuff like skip to the next track.

This way I could do it with my remote control for example.

Seach, scroll trough songs/playlists etc. I would still do in spotify app just basic control would be nice via kodi.

How stable are these builds on a S905X box? In the "Known Issues" area the issues described are nearly the same as in kszaq's stable LE 8.2.1.1 build.

I want to playback amazon prime video content and I read it only works under Kodi Leia+ adjustments.

I run kszaq's build from microsd card so I can easily try another build but if one here confirms that amazon vod plugin doesn't work with this build or it is extremely buggy I won't bother even trying it.

No problem with 10bit 1080p. files. HDR is more of a 4K thing

I (and a few others) reported the same problem a while back. It went away for a while but, as I was ready to report "problem solved", it came back recently.

Thx for the info, I'll check if also happens with AAC 5.1 audio for me. Never really paid attention what kind of multichannel audio is in the videofile.

But so far I just noticed with some x265 encoded files, never with x264. But I guess video codec doesn't affect audio playback, does it?

I'll check with a sample trailer from H.264 Demo Clips | H264info.com

Quick question: Should playback of a 1080p 10bit videofile encoded in hevc/x265 work witout issues?

Or is this meant by: "...HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support.."?

I'm no expert just heard 10bit and HDR may not be the same.

Well maybe I just post my issue here first:

Audio playback in certain videofiles is messed up. You hear cracking, sometimes really loud acoustic noise.

This only happens with certain x265 encoded 10 bit videofiles.

My box is hooked up to a AV receiver.

Random qestion: Does anyone know how I could get the "LibreElec Config" menu entry back on the homescreen?

I tried the skin Estuary mod some time ago after changing back to default Estuary skin the entry was missing.

Btw: Is there another alternative similar to Estuary skin? Estuary mod is really great but too slow on my box :( I already ramped up the gpu which makes it a tiny bit more responsive but still too slow. It seems Estuary mod is made for more powerfull desktop systems, a more stripped down version of this skin would be amazing..

Thanks a lot for 8l. Finally, it is possible to
    rewind some seconds/minutes without the
    freezing/hanging.

Yess this is good to read! Also gonna update and see myself.

Once kszaq finds time and decides to build an agile build and netflix, prime video,... will work it'll be amazing.
    [hr]

Any update on this? I'd also like to rule out this exploit.

Chapter skipping is skipping calculated number of seconds. In my build I have no issue skip back 2 sec, 5 sec or x sec.

K, I'll try thx! Don't know why I immediately linked this to nfs or samba. So you had this issue also with directly plugged in hdd right?
    [hr]

Unfortunately the patch wasn't working for me, I dropped it because I want to keep close to "stock" Kodi if a patch is not important.

So can I imply that this issue is known and also affects you? ..And maybe you're working on it?

I had also issue in this build skipping chapters in some mkvs and BDs.
    Try my devel version from this post thread-2722-post-49581.html#pid49581
    Kszaq dropped my fix for chapter skipping.

Thx, just wanna make sure we're talking about the same thing:
    I don't mean chapter skipping in like dvd or bd video files where there are actual chapters you can skip to.
    I mean the skip back function where I press "left" button once to skip back like 2 seconds, 2x skip back 5 seconds,...

I playback videos from a hdd that is hooked up to a debian server via samba.
    I noticed that upon skipping back in a video file during playback the video often hangs. First shows the spinner then 100% and hangs.
    Pause/Play is not helping only stopping the video and starting it again does solve it. It's not consistent, sometimes after 2x pressing "left" sometime 1x, 3x..

I also want to ask if there's an advised "protocol" to playback videos from a hdd in my homenetwork.
    I also tried nfs. I have set kodi to automatically play the next video. But with nfs after a video is finished, screen goes black and next video isn't started.

Anyone having the same issues? Couldn't really find this under "known issues" in the first post.

Maybe the add-on is not working because of the network is not ready when the add-on starts.

This solution worked for me:

• Go to "LibreELEC Settings"
    • From the main menu: Programs -> Add-ons -> LibreELEC Configuration
    • Go to the "Network" tab
    • Set "Wait for network before starting Kodi" under the "Advanced Network Settings" section

elliot2extreme

Thank you very much, this solved it!
    I noticed this settings before and turned it on....I guess this was the time the addon worked.
    Later I thought it would just unnecessarily delay the start of my box and turned it off again.
    Well seems like I didn't connect this change with the failing addon.

Hi, i think I started with 8.0.0c and installed the vu+/enigma 2 pvr client addon.
    Currently I'm on latest 8.0.0f. I have a akaso hm8 box with S905x soc.

Initially it worked and after setting it up it seached all my tv programs...eventually it did hang (would have been better to specify just one bouqet to get).
    I removed it and tried to reinstall. Now I get the message: Addon cannot be installed, an unknown error occured.
    I hit ok, get the popup again, hit ok. Now kodi tells me it installed the addon?!
    Now if I change to tv -> channels I see "PVR Manager is being started" but nothing happens.
    Given the fact that it already worked once I think the addon is configured correctly.
    Logs are attached.

Hi, I got a great deal for this android box: Akaso HM8 Soc: S905x
    Libreelec works really good on it.
    Now I tried the spotify connect web addon here: thread-1206.html?highlight=spotify
    I already read that it is only available for Raspberry Pi 2 and 3, Wetek Core and Wetek Play :(
    But now I saw this thread of Minix U1 which got Amlogic S905 soc and it seems people got it to work on this device.

It's not working on my box, I installed the addon, filled in the right credentials. No device showing up in spotify app, also nothing via web interface.
    Can someone help me?
    Would be really nice, maybe it's not all that different to use in on S905x soc.... Before I used a box with s902 soc and osmc and just installed the raspi package from github and it worked with a small tweak...I can't do so on libreelec, I learned.

If someone tells me how, I can provide logs.

Edit: Ok I should have added the verison I'm on. I'm pretty sure it's 8.0.0.c, I'm gonna update to 8.0.0.c, maybe I get lucky and it works there.

Lol..it's even in the changelog:

• added softvol to audio output to fix Spotify Web Connect addon

Sorry, I'm new to LibreElec.. Didn't expect such nice support for my "cheap china box" :)