Posts by loki279

I follwed this guide squashfs howto - make changes the read-only filesystem in OpenELEC - andreierdei trying to integrate the new firmware into the SYSTEM, unfortunately the update I created won't boot for some reason.
    Is the logic changed here compared to openelec? I also tried thelzo comp as mentioned for the RP, same result. As I was unable to find a working squashfstools package inside libreelec I created the image on my laptop using arch liunx.
    I'd really like to test if the updated firmware would resolve the issue. So if anyone knows how to do that, help is appreciated!

see post thread-5741.html.

libreelec provides old firmware for rt2800usb devices which seems to cause major connection problems and interruptions. dmesg showing messages like this

Code
    [   16.722523@0] ieee80211 phy0: rt2800usb_entry_txstatus_timeout: Warning - TX status timeout for entry 14 in queue 2
    [   16.722543@0] ieee80211 phy0: rt2800usb_txdone: Warning - Got TX status for an empty queue 2, dropping
    [   16.722606@0] ieee80211 phy0: rt2800usb_txdone: Warning - Got TX status for an empty queue 2, dropping

After encountering wifi is down and libreelec needs rebooting to get it back.
    Problem is common in many linux distributions and could be related to old firmware version (0.29) in libreleec, 0.36 current).

Many posts realated to the topic suggests that this is a firmware issue for all devices running on rt2800usb which is supplied by the file

Code
    /usr/lib/firmware/rt2870.bin

Version in libreelec 8.0.0 is version: 0.29 which is pretty old. I made a testrun on my arch linux where version: 0.36 is supplied. The device seems to run stable and smooth there. Problem is that I can't just replace the file as /usr/ is read only in libreelec. Is there a way to make it rw temporary?
    Could developers please update firmware for this device on next release?
    I guess more people could run into that problem as RT5572 is 1 of 4 wifi devices officially supported by odroid.
    Thanks!

Hallo,
    I have a problem with a Ralink 5572 wlan usb dongle on the C2. Connection seems alright at first but is lost at some point showing a dmesg message:

Code
    rt2800usb_entry_txstatus_timeout

I have to reinsert the stick or restart the C2 than to get the connection back.
    Some google work on the topic revealed that it seems to be a bug in the driver that seems to be resolved in kernel 3.15.
    Is there any hope 3.15. can be implemented in C2 libreelec soon? Anyone knows a workaround until that?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello, I'm new to libreelec having a setup on a Odroid C2 for some days now. I also have some linux experience..
    I have the C2 in the standard plasic case and idle temperatures between 60 and 70 °C which is kind of hot I think. Under load it goes up another 10 °C .
    Anyway I see that the default cpu governor is "performance" which doesn't feel right to me, especially seeing these thermal values. I'd like to try "ondemand" and maybe some others to compare performance and temperatures. I know this is possible with a simple echo, but what I like also is an option to make changes permanent to the system.
    I tried to change boot.ini

But the kernel doesn't seem to accept these parameters. Is there another way to do this?
    Is there any reason to run on "performance" governor for libreelec developers?

Thanks!
    [hr]
    found a way myself via

/storage/.config/autostart.sh:

Code
    echo ondemand | tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor >/dev/null

for ondemand governor in this case.