Posts by warrenjb

Update... I can now see my ssid (no idea why suddenly) but it fails to connect. I can connect to my network extender without problem except that the signal is very weak so it doesn't make sense to use it. Any idea which log I need to peruse to figure this out? Thanks

Have libreelec running on two old computers. Latest version of generic x64 build. Both worked flawlessly until I just upgraded from a netgear router to an orbi mesh system. Now the computer next to the satellite works flawlessly but the computer next to the main router doesn't connect. I tried changing the router channel to 6, 10, etc. but this didn't fix the situation. I tried a different wifi adapter but this also didn't fix the situation. I don't see anything in the log file. Any ideas what's going on and how to troubleshoot? P.S. I can connect to other networks on the troubled PC - just not my ssid. Thanks for help.

Only 1 wifi (wlan0). I bet its a driver issue.

"Your Edimax wifi is using a realtek chip which *might* be no longer supported."

How do i confirm if my wifi adapter is supported and anyway to add support if it is not?

I looked back at my original attachment where I had run lsusb -v and found:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 7392:a811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd

Interestingly the verbose output also shows

iManufacturer 1 Realtek

iProduct 2 802.11n WLAN Adapter

though this is an ac adaptor.

Do you think its using the wrong driver and this is causing the problem?

I'm using an old PC with LibreElec. I admittedly haven't turned it on in a while but I did the other day and saw:

"[Failed] Failed to start Wait on network."

When the system finished booting up I was not connected to wifi. I tried to connect manually but it seems to connect and disconnect intermittently. I increased the wait on network to 30 seconds but that didn't help. I updated to the latest beta version but that didn't help. I'm guessing there is a driver issue with my ac wifi dongle but the only error I see in dmesg is related to bluetooth. How do I troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Set a small and badly named "wait for network" boot delay in the LE settings add-on. It sounds [sic] like Kodi is starting before the audio drivers have finished loading in the kernel, and if not loaded Kodi won't auto-detect the audio hardware.

Thanks. Can you give a little more detail on how exactly to set the boot delay? I don't see anywhere obvious in the UI.
    [hr]

Thanks. Can you give a little more detail on how exactly to set the boot delay? I don't see anywhere obvious in the UI.

Now I understand the badly named "wait for network" connection. Will try this weekend and revert. Thanks again.

Just installed LibreELEC on an x64 pc previously running kodibuntu without any audio problems. Now when I look in LibreELEC's audio setup my device doesn't show as an option. When I ssh into the machine I don't see errors in dmesg and when I run lspci -v it seems to find the card and driver:

03:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio]
    Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio] (CMI8786 (Xonar DG))
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at cc00 [size=256]
    Capabilities: [c0] Power Management version 2
    Kernel driver in use: snd_oxygen
    Kernel modules: snd_oxygen

Any idea how to get it to appear in the front end?