I run libreELEC from a mid tower PC

MB: Asus Z97k

CPU: G3258

Ram: 2x4gb 1333

Video card: gtx 660ti

With latest video format HEVC 265 10bit

I get pixilation, artifacts etc – especially in darker areas

After researching here my questions are

1/- Should I upgrade the videocard to a GTX 1060?

If so I might build a new (better fitting into the lounge room) mini PC around the card with say a G4620 or i3-7100 on GA-H270 Motherboard etc

2/- or buy a Minix neo U9-H, I'm a bit edgy about this, I do have the X8-H Plus which does not handle HEVC 265 very well, it ran hot if it played them at all

chromebox is just stuck on the boot screen with a message about invalid argument

I'm a boots & all, so I'd do a factory reset and do a fresh install of LibreELEC 8
    .. BUT .. if you do that you will wipe everything off it, so if you have any valuable data on the chromebox, back that up first

Hi guys first post here so please be kind, at the minute I have a chromebox running openelec but I want to replace openelec with LibreELEC but not sure on how to go about this, has anyone got or know of a "simple :huh: " way of doing this has I'm a bit thick now a days when it comes to this short of thing. Many thanks and sorry if something like this has been asked before.

Hi, I'm new here also, first timer to this, but installed openelec 2 weeks ago then just updated to LibreELEC .. Put LibreELEC update on a usb, then went to update in openelec and just pointed it to the usb file and updated ... last night I updated that to LibreELEC 8 over the net
    Read this for more help
    thread-4449.html

BTW LibreELEC 8 is really the best thing I've done HTPC wise (I used to use plex)

So a big thanks to all the great work by everyone