Posts by inspector71

this is already happen since LE7 :)

system-tools addon:

autossh, diffutils, dtach, efibootmgr, evtest, fdupes, file, getscancodes, hddtemp, hd-idle, hid_mapper, i2c-tools, inotify-tools, jq, lm_sensors, lshw, mc, mrxvt, mtpfs, nmon, p7zip, patch, pv, screen, strace, unrar and usb-modeswitch

Yep and that's great but htop is not currently on that list. I realise the list could be infinite, but perhaps any reasonable utilities that were previously available, would be a good start, assuming htop is still available for supported LibreELEC architectures.

OpenELEC had a very handy unofficial addons repo that included a good number of handy tools like htop.

I'd really like to see the same happen for LibreELEC.

Bluetooth and/or Bluetooth on the Pi3 and/or Bluetooth on Linux overall ... is hugely broken. It works for about 30 seconds whereupon it simple disconnects devices.

I might have a bad RPi3 board but I doubt it. First instance of failure I experienced was with Android 6 and a crappy generic OBDII adaptor. Although dubious, the adaptor works well for Torque in Android, so maybe it's just that every other app can't get the BT connection right? Fine. Next, RPi3 and Raspbian from SSH connecting to the same adaptor. Again, connects, then fails just when you start thinking it's going to be reliable. Next, RPi3 LibreELEC 8 and Bose headphones. Again, connects fairly easily only to drop out after about 30 seconds.

The common factor? Linux (Android, Raspbian, LibreELEC) and Bluetooth (OBDII adaptors, Bose headphones, ASUS phone).

A friend reckons those developing/maintaining Bluetooth for Linux started out getting the terminal/command line interface working. Before the got that working well, they switched their focus to GUI. Now neither of the interfaces is reliable.

Not as if Bluetooth is a new technology or anything!

If you aren't using using "Estuary" as the main skin, then you get the following errors:

Code
    11:47:36  67.841087 T:1961553920 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: DefaultBackground
    11:47:36  67.841209 T:1961553920 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: TopBar
    11:47:36  67.841263 T:1961553920 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: BottomBar
    11:47:36  67.849884 T:1961553920   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary
    11:47:36  67.850266 T:1961553920 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[GlobalFanartVar] is not defined

It is annoying if you have errors in the log and you think it is coming from the skin you are using (AeonNox SiLVO)

Seeing the same problem myself using Amber on LibreELEC 7.95.3 which is based on a stable (LOL) Kodi and is a release candidate, so it's no longer just an alpha bug, klojum.

Thanks for debugging it, heisenberg.

Would be good to get this sorted out so it doesn't bloat the log and therefore make other bugs more tricky to see.