Posts by drieschel

Just joined up project looks fantastic! I have a couple s812 devices that I managed to get kerbers OE to work however they were early builds and when trying to upgrade to 16+ Kodi I bricked the device. Maybe a clone? Anyhow wondering if you have a build specific for s812 that I could try to revive? Thanks in advance... Sl33py

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Hi Sl33pyguy,

which S812 devices do you have?

@All here
    There is now a general Amlogic community forum where you can post your S802 related problems and questions. Didn't read the last messages here, so if you still have problems, please create a thread in the Amlogic forum and describe your problems there. You will also find a pinned thread with links to my actual builds and proposals for creating a thread: LibreELEC

I will close this thread now. See ya in the Amlogic forum.

This is the unoffical LibreELEC builds thread for S802 (only) devices from drieschel.

You can find builds for the following boxes at download.drieschel.de/LibreELEC:

Code
    M8 - Should work with M8(S)
    MXIII-1G - Should work with MXIII (1G)
    S82 - Should work with Beelink S82, Orbsmart S82, Tronsmart S89(-H), MXIII(2G)
    T8 - Should work with all T8 (2G) boxes

And here you can have a look at the source: GitHub - drieschel/LibreELEC.tv: LibreELEC fork for Amlogic S802 devices
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
    If there is not a working build for your device, please create a thread with a significant title (ie. [S802]Build for Tronsmart Vega S89 Elite) and provide some infomation about that device in the post. The more infos the better. Required infos are

• the manufacturer/reseller,
    • the exact name of box (model),
    • and the ram size.

Optional infos are

• the bt/wifi chip,
    • a link to an actual android rom,
    • and a link to a photo of the ir (If you can a provide a working remote.conf for the ir would be better, indeed).

If you have a problem with a working build, please create a thread with significant title, the same required infos like above and a detailed description about the problem as well!
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Working features in 7.0.2:

• 3D mode auto switching
    • 4k resolutions
    • Bluetooth
    • Wifi
    • LAN

Problems in 7.0.2:

• Power off is rebooting instead of turning the device off
    • Some IRs doesn't seem to work correctly

Working features in 8.0-alpha:

• 4k resolutions
    • Bluetooth
    • Wifi
    • LAN

Problems in 8.0-alpha:

• 3D mode auto switching is not working
    • Audio offset correction (most probably a Krypton problem)
    • Bluetooth has to be turned off and on for working
    • Hostname resolution in LAN without tld (ie .local) is not working properly after boot
    • Power off is rebooting instead of turning the device off
    • Some IRs doesn't seem to work correctly

Credits to Codesnake, Kerber, kszaq, the LE community and all other people who are contributing in some way.

PS. Do you want to support me? Buy me some cake or help me fixing bugs.

I wasn't sure if it was the same in OpenELEC and LibreELEC...

LibreELEC is a fork of OpenELEC and it's almost the same yet.

Also what is "sqlite" ? Sorry if this is all obvious for you guys, but I'm newbie in this kind of stuff.

Is this solutiion still needed with the version of KODI we're using, I don't want to mess it up for nothing?

SQlite is a file based SQL database management system. Don't worry, nobody knows everything. I wouldn't update the pathes by a SQLite client.

I would either try to update the pathes in Kodi or to add new pathes by using "Root filesystem" in Kodi. So you only have to create the mountpoint and to persist it by putting it into the autostart.sh. Forget SQLite.

I have some buffering issues with files larger than 6gb. Would manually mounting my NFS source help to fix that like mentionned here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...855#pid1953855 ?

Can someone tell me how I could do that on LibreELEC, or point me to a "how-to" ?

Hi Bossman!

Everything is explained in the post you mentioned. Which informations don't you find in the post or do you need additionally?

PS: Did you already try to play file larger than 6gb through another network file system like smb/cifs?

It´s not my device so i need something more then a wild guess why it may could not work . I know that this is not the best situation to be in when you ask others for help, but i wanted to point this out first.

Please provide the whole dmesg output shortly after boot and after the problem appeared already. As more information we have, as less we have to guess.

Hey drieschel,
    Thx for answering me. Will try do it today and post the result here.
    [hr]
    Here it is: UMQU
    Its from version 702.4

I assume it has soemthing to do with this:

Code
    [    1.140611@2] aml_snd_card aml_m8_snd.42: ASoC: Neither/both codec name/of_node are set for (null)
    [    1.144314@2] aml_snd_card aml_m8_snd.42: register aml sound card error -22
    [    1.151187@2] aml_snd_card aml_m8_snd.42: Can't probe snd_soc_card
    [    1.157348@1] aml_snd_card: probe of aml_m8_snd.42 failed with error -22

But I can't help you, because I don't have a S905 device. So you probably have to wait until kaszaq is back from his trip or with a bit luck someone else has a tip for you.