Posts by drieschel

Did you try my build? Especially the last one in the testing folder under S82 could be interesting for you.

PS. Here is the link: Index of /LibreElec/S82/testing

Sure that your device has a S802 SoC?

I've installed LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0.0-2-alpha-devel.zip on my Droidbox T8-S and it worked very well except for the remote control. I tried installing the remote.conf file for the T8 but it did not work. I am not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I just dropped the file in configfiles folder in libreELEC. I also installed the T8 version of LibreELEC on a T8 box I had collecting dust for lack of use and that one works very well too, even the remote control.
    Thank you very much. Now my two boxes came back to life.

Is the remote control from T8-S the same like your T8 has?

drieschel, congrats for the build!

I have a M9&M8_V0.92, M8 square, and flashed with your LibreELEC-S802.S82.arm-8.0.0-2-alpha-devel.zip and its working greate. Just the IR is not working, im tryied to use Key Editor to reconfigure teh remote but there is no response. Theres a way to patch it?

thanks!

Did you try using a different remote.conf? Try this one. You only need to copy it into the config ("/storage/.config" over ssh or "Configfiles" over smb) folder on the box.

I downloaded the FW 7.0.2.2, unzip, place the two files on SDCard. With OE on unit, Boot unit without SDCard while holding down reset button, enter recovery. wipe cache, wipe data, apply update from EXT select. Choose update from SDCard, select ...... 7.0-devel-update.zip, got image installed successfully. Reboot.

Got LibreELEC splash screen, after a few seconds screen flicker and vercital black & white lines, reboot same.

Tried also:

Reload Android, go to settings, other, system update, check wipe media, wipe data. Select file, unit rebooted, file loaded, reboot, LibreELEC splash screen, few seconds, same lines.

Does your box have 1GB or 2GB RAM?

I did try USB burning tool but was unsuccessful. Also the whole jumping pins etc is a pain really as my supplier generally takes any boxes I brick back. Simply put I prefer Linux over Android in regards to boxes. If you can make LE work and stay updated I'd be more than willing to contribute hardware and help in anyway with testing etc. PM me and we can figure out an easy way to contact each other. Skype, Telegram etc.
    Cheers

Sent you a pm.

Yes , but still stuck on Amlogic boot logo

That's bad. Can you enter the recovery mode by using toothpic method?

During the configuration of the WLAN the device rebooted one or two times, but it finally did what it should. So I'm not sure whether there is a small problem or not...

Didn't have this problem with my Orbsmart S82.

But here is an issue:
    UPNP isn't working properly. As a client it doesn't recognize UPNP/DLNA servers in the local network.
    I stumbled on it, when trying to add a music source from a "upnp device". Even giving the upnp-ID explicitly does not solve it - the server is still not seen by the S82 device.

I use 2 other clients in my network (Kodi 17alpha on Windows, Kodi 16.1 on Android), both do recognize the server. That's why I think it's not a Kodi issue.
    It is probably an issue in the LibreELEC build.

Will check this.

meonS82
    Thanks for the reply; I did both methods, and both give the same. Splash screen "LibreElec" loaded then boot with half of the screen was black outed, with the other half black & white vertical lines.

Reflash OE 6.0, load the "LE .tar" in the update folder, reboot, same result.

Boot into recovery mode, wipe the cache, then reload with toothpick same again.

My unit is square M8 s802 Amlogic with the k200b original firmware.

Still trying to figure this out.

Did you try flashing it in recovery mode instead of updating OE?

I just flash m8 square with 7.2-2. Everything went well. But tried to restore from a custom build onjarvis LE after reboot it just stay stuck LE screen.
    So I reflashed it again when I try to add video add on it will freeze. Any idea why it's doing it??

Is your box connected to the internet?

Fixed !

But managed to brick my box and cant get a working firmware to boot, stuck on Amlogic boot logo

Did you try unbricking it by installing an android version over otg? Here is a tutorial: How to use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool to manually update firmware - AndroidPCReview

Yes I can test I have many... Kerbers 5.95.3 was last successful OE on ones that are bricked but I have also I can even send you a box. Bricked or unbricked. Let me know. Cheers

A working device would be great. Will write you my address by pm.

Hi edit4ever,

glad to hear that the build is even running on a S812 device. But it's probably not very healthy for it, because it uses a "wrong" device tree. Could you please give this thread a more convinient name? [S812]support for example. Because it's about S812 devices and not about S802 devices. :) Anyway, there will be unoffical support for S812 devices soon.

Regarding to your question about the IR: You can try this remote.conf. You only have to copy it in the config folder on your device. This should work.