Posts by anthontex

Excellent work Kszaq;) I'm using your build from sd card on mini mx and I've Alex's openELEC on nand:) just a question if I put the .img.gz in the update folder what happens? will I update the sd libreelec or overwrite what I've on nand? So Does this file works on both sd and nand? Then a curiosity wouldn't I need the ".tar" archive for update? (I remember this from your 805 builds Has something changed to allow the update with img.gz?) Thanks for your time and for spending time to answer to my (stupid) question:)

Nice job kszaq, as always ;) I've a curiosity, never tested or investigate about that: is it possible to use for example Samsung 's ir remote controller , or LG or others, after configuring it or it's mandatory a remote controller with nec protocol?:) Thanks :)

Check in the psx-rearmed emulator settings, there should be options "enable interlacing mode", "enhanced resolution", and "enhanced resolution speed hack". Try enabling all these options.

Add-ons --> get add-ons --> my addons --> game add-ons --> emulators --> pcsx-rearmed --> configure.

I track upstream and it is unlikely that retroplayer will make it into kodi-17.

Make sure you disable "rewind" support - that slows down emulators a lot.

Thank you both:) finally I can say not only it works but it works well: disabling rewind help A LOT but also enabling the options of which was talking lrusak gave the final touch. The only thing now is that the controller, when pcsx is running, is ignored by the emulator and it still controls kodi so there is no way to interact with the game. Again thanks. I will continue to test:)

Even if you cannot save you should be able to use "save states" however this may require a keyboard to be plugged in to access the menu by hitting "enter" then going the the "save states" manager icon.

The psx controller issues I am aware of and will try and fix it.

On RPi you should make sure to use pcsx-rearmed as the emulator instead of beetle-psx if you aren't already.

Thank you for your reply lrusak, I will try the save state instead of "internal" games saves. I used pcsx-rearmed and all is fine:) except of speed... just for information (I'm not planning to play with raspberry so not a problem) the slowness with pcsx is due to Raspberry or generally due to that particular emulator?:) Another question, are you going to merge these retroplay changes for LibreELEC 8?

New builds are posted

Thank you:) just tried and now the problem that I had regarding the black screen is disappeared. I've test game boy and PlayStation emulator: the first works good but I can't save. The second works but is painful slow (on raspberry 2) and also it doesn't auto remap keys like the game boy emulator so with a ps3 controller I can only "control" kodi and not the game itself, while in the GB everything is fine controller too . Thanks for you update:) another strange thing is that i can't install the game repo provided it's not listed .

Perfect, I'll have a look there, thanks!

I came back to ask how to track down that sort of info. :)
    I only have 10GB of space on this PC after cleaning up a load of space, so I won't be able to compile/recompile any builds.
    I think my best bet (if I get this working) is to use two cards. One with the LibreELEC img to do the initial boot, and a backup of a working SD.

Hopefully I'll get these working.

Thanks again.

You're welcome:)

Thanks guys.
    I think Applepi Baker is similar to Windows win32diskimager.
    If I clone the SD Card with my remote.conf file, then I think the other box would still need to boot from an img file once initially to read the cloned card.

I think Anthontex, that's what I'm talking about. I haven't got very far with tracking down the DVB drivers, but I'll spend a bit more time this evening.
    Is there any way to extract them from the Android build?

However, I will try to recompile without them for now, it might help me learn something.
    I've not got a clue of it, even where to start, but I'm sure the resources are around here somewhere. At least I now know where I'm aiming

Thanks again everyone.

You might find modules and firmware (if needed) here or simply a description of the needed modules for your particular model of dvb tuner. :)

I have read it and I didn't see it as relevant as I am only looking how to repackage it as an img.
    I thought that there may be a way to do it from LE, as I am using an ancient PC with very little space on it. But it may be able to handle something like writing an img file from SD.
    I am using LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.0.2 build on an S805 box and the only thing changed\added is my remote.conf file.

The good way to do something like you are asking is: clone the code from github, add your remote changes and also your DVB modules and recompile libreELEC.
    The WRONG way but should works by the way: take your SD card with your modified libreELEC system, put it in a PC with a SD reader and clone it with things like dd if=/dev/sdb(your SD) of=/home/yourname/cloned.img bs=4M than you can write it to another SD card: for booting it you should also modify uboot (if the box in which you are going to put the cloned sd is new) with the aml_autoscript. There are a lot of downsides like this if you have a 32GB sd card the resulting image would be 32GB also if your "destination" sd is 32GB and the source sd card is 8GB you will see only 8GB ....

Nice, thank you kszaq:)!

It should work in the main builds, but input handling has changed drastically in kodi 17.0

I've forgot to mention that i'm using RaspBerry Pi 2, maybe it doesn't work on the main builds due to lack of SDL? while in these build there is a joystick addon that provides support for controllers and so everything works well. In the main builds the auto pair works very well and the gamepad is recognized but i cannot interact with the ui. By the way i’m using the 20 may build and when i launch a game (i’ve tested with gameboy, nes and neogeo) i get only a black screen but with sound, am i missing something? Thanks in advance