Posts by person0nInternet

Well I'd venture to guess that nobody else has a clue either.

I found ~/.smb/smb.conf in macOS; very much bare bones. Since the GUI won't allow LE access to shared folders, maybe just come in from behind and kick it into gear?

---------------Begin macOS default smb.conf---------------

[global]

preferred master = no

local master = no

domain master = no

client lanman auth = yes

lanman auth = yes

socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536

lock directory = /Users/alexsisk/.smb/

name resolve order = bcast host

---------------End macOS default smb.conf---------------

Made a backup... why not just add a home section like below?

[Music]

path = /Volumes/Media Storage/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music

available = yes

browseable = yes

public = yes

writeable = yes

Hello,

I've been trying to get myself moved 100% off of SMB1 for a while, but unfortunately my Nvidia Shield will only support SMB1 until they decide to drop an update with Oreo, which supposedly supports SMB 2/3. Now that the Linux kernel is correctly handling bitstreams, my Intel NUC has become a viable primary video player with LE. (I have an Atmos receiver, so I had to stick with the Shield for that functionality until I decided to jump to LE Alpha-land.)

Anyway, I've been working on accessing a single macOS High Sierra share (my music) since...I believe it was LE 8.2. No luck.

-I understand that I cannot browse - I don't care - I know the path.

-I have a Guest account allowing file sharing.

-File Sharing is enabled.

-The folder I need access to is shared and set to my username RW, Everyone RO.

-"Share Folders Using SMB" is ticked, and so is my username in the Windows File Sharing area below.

-Windows 10 Pro, which I dual-boot on my NUC, can see the share.

-When I choose Zeroconf in LE, I see "MACMINI (SAMBA)" listed, but nothing happens when I hit enter - makes sense...can't browse, I know that.

-When I type in smb://192.168.86.254/Music/ I get a Unix Operation Not Permitted Error

-smb://192.168.86.254:445/Music/ - same result

-smb://MACMINI/Music/ - same result

-smb://MACMINI:445/Music/ - same result

-I created nsmb.conf in /etc/ on the Mac per the suggestion of about 10 websites, with the line "signing_required=no"

-restarted LE - same result

-Someone else suggested that choosing dynamic global hostname in File Sharing along with my username and password might work.

-restarted LE - same result

-And a thousand other things that I can't remember

-It may be worth noting that the Guest account can't be ticked for Windows File Sharing, because it's not listed. Thought I could add it....

-Tried to create account name "Guest," because stock account name is "Guest Account" - but macOS said that the word guest is reserved or something like that.

Every once in a while I spend eight to ten hours trying to figure this out. I've probably invested 40-50 hours overall. HELP!

Thank you

I don't have the funds to purchase a dedicated NAS at the current moment, so I'm using the NUC / LibreELEC + 4TB USB 3.0 HDD as my video file server, basically. The NUC6CAYH is a low-cost NUC, so if it croaks, I'll be sad, but it won't be devastating.

One of these days, I'll have a properly set up NAS with RAID. My biggest worry is that all of my files aren't backed up regularly. (I do it manually maybe once every 6-10 weeks. But the external HDD is actually an internal HDD in a nice $40 case w/fan, and it's the HGST Deskstar NAS 7200rpm 4TB; very reliable line from the research that I've done.

Hello,

I keep LibreELEC running basically 24/7 on my Intel NUC (NUC6CAYH) and it's been fine for around 10 months. (It is wonderful as a poor man's video file server, with LibreELEC's super simple SMB settings.) I also use it as a player though. For the past month or so, when I change the input on my receiver to the NUC, I must restart the device in order to use LibreELEC. (It's still running, as I can copy files to and from the device on the network, etc...but it has a black screen and nothing can wake it up other than a full restart.) This only occurs if LE has been allowed to sit for a while - if I switch receiver inputs and go right back, LE is fine.

FYI, I to restart, I can soft-press my NUC's power button - and I see LibreELEC 8.2.0 Official in the top left, followed by what appear to be proper shutdown CLI notifications. I'm glad that I'm not having to do a long-press power-button initiated shutdown each time, at least. It is interesting that pressing the power button makes the display show output...

This could be an issue with my receiver, a specific port, the NUC, LibreELEC (I feel like this is unlikely, but it IS the only thing changed in the environment, as I've moved from 8.1 to 8.2, etc.)

My setup is NUC [HDMI out] -----> Sony Receiver (It's older.... ST-DGR910) [HDMI out] ------> 2014 Samsung 1080p Plasma.

TiVo Bolt, Apple TV 5th Gen, and Sony Blu-Ray player all have no issue, so it's not the cable from the receiver to the TV. I already tested using a different HDMI cable from the NUC to the receiver - no luck.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Anything at all is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Alex

Thanks for your response, chewitt.

That's what I've come to understand. After lrusak pointed me to the Apollo Lake topic on the Kodi forum, I've been sharing logs with Fritsch and he's been having me try various things. I'm in the process of installing a Live USB LibreELEC 9.0 test version (from milhouse) to test.

To quote a comment Fritsch made just a couple of hours ago:

"I made my own tests in the meantime. For me it looks like this:
    - Milhouse 4.11.x based builds: HBR works BUT it fails with 23.976 fps
    - Milhouse latest 9.0 version based on 4.13.2 - everything works including refreshrate switching"

Thank you, vpeter. That did it. That's what I was hoping for from post #3.

I'm perfectly capable of searching but a) I completely forgot....and b) I think I forgot because my mind didn't even entertain the idea of a test build install on a dual-boot machine being in ordinary documentation, and c) I've spent innumerable nights scouring the internet for answers to simple ass questions, often to the point where I'm about to put a hole in the wall.

I know a lot of people will never look for answers on their own, and expect everyone to do their work for them - that's not me...I just wanted to get something done without looking in all the wrong places for 12 hours first, for once.

Time to check out the passthrough....!!!

I'm finishing up something on the Windows side and then I can check. I have an existing installation of 8.1.1 - I usually update using the internet-connected tool in LibreELEC settings... is there an option to update the installation from a USB stick containing a tar file? I don't recall. I'm going to check as soon as I finish up in Windows and reboot into LE.... I just value your input right now and I'm hoping you'll stick around for a few.

Thank you lrasak.

I have downloaded the file, and It appears that this is a patch, based on the discussion - which is great....except everyone there seems very much aware of how to install it, and I'm not.

I assume this is because it is primarily a discussion among regular Linux users. For better or worse, LE has brought people like myself into the world of Linux with their easily set up OS.

If you or anyone else could assist I would be very appreciative. I'm currently running a dual-boot setup: LE 8.1.1 (1st on disk), and Win10 Pro (2nd on disk). That may make a difference. Do I need to compile the patch, and how would I go about installing it? I am more of an AV geek, but I'd really love to get passthrough working properly with my receiver, so please forgive my ignorance.