Posts by Mario77

Just upgraded a RPi2 fresh 9.2.1 to 9.2.3 without issues.

Also fresh install of 9.2.3 works.

Maybe removing "quiet" from /flash/cmdline.txt will give more information.

Hi

removed quite from cmdline and booted..nothing...

removed overclock ....nothing...

copied a fresh config.txt from a new install...nothing

New install works fine tough...now waiting for my latest backup to restore..

restore didn't work either

Go to program addons/apps and games addons folders and all should be there..

Hi Mario77, thanks for the answer.

What is the KeyID of the "back" button?

When I use the key remap addon it does not give me an ID while pressing the button on the remote.

How can I get it because I guess that "123" is just an example :D

That's because back key is probably hard coded like ex volume buttons..and not all remotes has same id for the same button. hence the back command instead of the key id...try it like that first.

If you are using LE with PVR and want to go back to tv channel list while watching something just map a key to

Code
    <keymap>
        <FullscreenLiveTV>
             <keyboard>
                <key id ="123">XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)</key>
             </keyboard>
        </FullscreenLiveTV>
    </keymap>

Otherwise the previous first keymap should work for you..did you try it?

Code
    <keymap>
        <FullscreenVideo>
            <keyboard>
                <backspace>Stop</backspace>
            </keyboard>
        </FullscreenVideo>
    </keymap>

otherwise try this..you ll have to press same button twice,,one long press and one normal press..

Code
    <keymap>
         <FullscreenVideo>
             <keyboard>
                 <key id="123">stop</key>
                 <key id="123" mod="longpress">back</key>
             </keyboard>
         </FullscreenVideo>
    </keymap>

You can't really watch video over vnc even on high..

Not sure why but with windows it does same thing...it only works with low or high quality..not with medium or auto..and android app it s a bit of a pain to use..

Best is from a windows pc but found out that the mouse was crashing libreelec so best to control menus fron keyboard arrows and disable mouse in LE input settings.

Something else I noticed is that after few days VNC stops working and can't connect..needs to ssh and reboot for it to start again.

Gonna check that right now. What emulator you use in kodi? Maybe that is my problem. Since I am totally new with libreelec I don't know anything about playing directly in it.

Best bet is use same choice of cores/launchers you use in retroarch also in retroplayer..they are the same libretro cores just modified to work in kodi..I tried a few of the main cores I m using in RA and moved them to retroplayer and they still work fine...you just have to rename them game.libretro.xxxx.so

Using the official VNC app (which I use on PC without issue)

It drops out / screws up and I can’t see settings to fix it.

It basically connects over and over and over.

I’ve fiddled with every setting EXCEPT ‘screen 0’ - cause I have no idea what it does.

Anyone else got this working?

It works fine but you need to set Vnc viewer settings to low or high...auto or medium doesn't work..

Hi!

I hope you can help me. I am desperate. I use an openelec build in rpi 3 because I have it for some years now. I am having the same problems with emulation station and retroarch. When it boots it takes me back to kodi. I am not sure how to solve it or were to look for the logs. Could you help me?

Thank you so much!

Best you update to LibreElec before you try anything.

Did you try to change Deinterlacing settings?I have to do that on all my HD streams..tough not on SD..just try.

Thx for the newest update! Any idea when we can expect updated cores? Heard the newest retropie was tailored more towards the RPi.

I think cores are up to date enough as libretro core packages are from Lakka 2.3.2 ..which is latest..they where updated 4 months ago.

Saying that you can always replace and download them yourself as some cores are modified and updated daily.

bite_your_idols can enlighten us more on this.

Thank you very much Mario77 for your help!

I tried to connect with the raspberry with SSH but cannot see the folder you mentioned, is this not possible with CyberDuck? (i use a MAC)
    I copied the BIOSes for RetroArch to storage/emulators/bios and thought is is correct but i think it wasn't...

Using IAGL is just very user friendly and i don't know where to get the ROMS from.

PS: Sorry for my noob questions :angel:

This one:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch

I would start by setting up retroarch,most important thing first before any other addons...So if it's crashing there is something obviously not right with RA..To avoid complications as this is a new install and you won't be loosing any setups just delete userdata/addon data/game.retroarch folder to reset everything...then go to retroarch and update addon...from retroarch addon settings download libretro cores packages..Thas's it for now..open retroarch and update assets from online updater...do not update cores as some of them don't work properly when updated with retroarch online updater..Make sure you have any bios's needed in hand too..after that you can start setting up your controllers and try your roms..once done always keep backups of userdata/addon data/game.retroarch..that will save you hours of setting up..regarding iagl I used it many months ago but prefer local roms..it was all setup but I honestly have no idea where to start again if I had to set it up today..