Posts by Mario77

Hi Mario77 thanks for chipping in,it was probably LE 10.0.0

did you manage to get ssh to work?

le 9.2.6 + kodi 18.9 that s the one you downloaded..

Try to connect to your box with putty...

Then run these 3 commands...

wget -O /storage/.update/LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.6.img.gz "https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.6.img.gz"

touch /storage/.update/.nocompat

reboot

Hi Chewitt the only option in update channel is 11.0 or 12.0 there is no option to go down a version?.

Update option doesn't allow you to downgrade through major releases...it will let you downgrade from ex 11.0.2 to 11.0.1 but not to 10.0.1 hence I mentioned the .nocompat option..at least that how it is on RPi..you ll have to do it manually..

My screen

I don't think LibreElec will let you downgrade by default..

On your usb alongside your LE image create an empty file and name it .nocompat

So on your usb you have now 2 items.The image and the file you created.

Insert USB in your device and browse to where you have your 2 files as you already done according to your screenshot..So in the left pane of filemanager you have your USB files.

Now go to the right pane of filemanager and browse to the directory /storage/.update

Go back to left pane and copy both files to the right.

Thats'all ..now restart and system should downgrade..

You will have to go in each of your main addons and downgrade manually...usually their dependencys are downgraded automatically but check just in case..

Hi have been using Kodi for awhile but was having problems with my device so I did a hard reset on libreelec not realising I wouldn't get the same version back it was 19.2 after a re.boot it gave me the option of version 20 which I didn't really want,I have read poeasts on putting a tar image file on USB and updating or downgrade libreelec but I haven't had any success I'm not really computer savvy is there a how to do the procedure anywhere that takes me step by step through it many thanks.

What device are you using?

Usually touch /storage/.update/.nocompat and copying LibreElec image to /storage/.update and restart does the trick...

Also always have backups ready for rainy days..

https://paste.libreelec.tv/positive-cockatoo.log

Obex service is showing some errors..more errors on debug log..

Code
     Agent replied with an error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod, Method "AuthorizePush" with signature "o" on interface "org.bluez.obex.Agent1" doesn't exist

obex.service - Bluetooth service
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/obex.service; disabled; preset: disabled)
    Active: active (running) since Tue 2024-02-06 18:15:01 UTC; 9min ago
    Process: 643 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c mkdir -p $OBEXD_ROOT (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 652 (obexd)
    Tasks: 1 (limit: 4166)
    CPU: 16ms
    CGroup: /system.slice/obex.service
    └─652 /usr/lib/bluetooth/obexd -r /storage/downloads/

Feb 06 18:16:48 LibreELEC obexd[652]: DISCONNECT(0x1), Success(0x20)
    Feb 06 18:16:48 LibreELEC obexd[652]: disconnected: Transport got disconnected
    Feb 06 18:17:28 LibreELEC obexd[652]: CONNECT(0x0), <unknown>(0xff)
    Feb 06 18:17:28 LibreELEC obexd[652]: CONNECT(0x0), <unknown>(0x0)
    Feb 06 18:17:28 LibreELEC obexd[652]: PUT(0x2), <unknown>(0xff)
    Feb 06 18:17:28 LibreELEC obexd[652]: Agent replied with an error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod, Method "AuthorizePush" with signature "o" on interface "org.bluez.obex.Agent1" doesn't exist
    Feb 06 18:17:28 LibreELEC obexd[652]: PUT(0x2), Forbidden(0x43)
    Feb 06 18:17:28 LibreELEC obexd[652]: DISCONNECT(0x1), <unknown>(0xff)
    Feb 06 18:17:28 LibreELEC obexd[652]: DISCONNECT(0x1), Success(0x20)
    Feb 06 18:17:28 LibreELEC obexd[652]: disconnected: Transport got disconnected

As and when the RPi5 ships, I'd like to upgrade to that from my RPi4.

Is there a way I can transfer all the settings and media catalogs to the new system which will be running version 12?

I don't really want to have to reconfigure everything that has been done to the old RPi4 based system (if I could even remember what was done - I've had it for some years now).

Thanks, David

Take a backup fromRpi4 and restore on the RPi5 and wish for the best..

Just in case someone is having trouble updating from older versions of syncthing from UI..mainly on older installs like LE 9.0.x

Altough the addon available on LE 9 only got an older version of Syncthing 1.4.2 you can update to 1.27.2 from UI altough after update Syncthing won't work..

quick fix,edit :

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.syncthing/bin/syncthing-service

line 9 from

STNODEFAULTFOLDER="y" syncthing -home=$ADDON_HOME           \

to

STNODEFAULTFOLDER="1" syncthing -home=$ADDON_HOME           \

You will have to create some script yourself listening for power status and running skin refresh...it's possible but you probably won't find anything ready..

To give you some ideas about how you check for cec power status

cec-ctl --device 0 -S | grep 'Power Status'

and to refresh skin

kodi-send --action="ReloadSkin()"

That looks complicated. Maybe I'll just stick to the cheap remote for now. Reading that thread it says kodi does not recognise the OK key and expects the enter key. That would seem like an odd omission in kodi not to responding to the OK key on a remote, rather than just treat it as the enter key by default.

The OK button works if I turn on the Air Mouse Function via a button on said remote, and stops when I turn Air mouse off via the same button. Therefore I am not fully convinced the remote is actually sending anything when I turn the Air Mouse off which would explain why I could not get the keymap editor to remap it.

Can anyone recommend a high quality 2.4G remote with dongle, with a keyboard on the rear ?

All you need to do is in post #9..shouldn't take more then 15 minutes...you have a good explanation there..

First thing I tried was the keymap editor but I still could not get it to respond to the OK button and map it to the Enter key. I will try again when I have a bit more time and hook up a regular mouse to give me mouse control as I am wrestling with the remote and the air mouse function.

Here

patric
    November 9, 2022 at 11:28 PM

and here is how you do it post #9