Posts by yatoya

Hi guys

I'm running into problems to make network connection work, cable or wireless. Both method keeps waiting dhcp forever (I've tested it in two different network with different params ie netmask and so). Stactic config, also, doesn't connect. The player I'm using is from Hungsung, 1G/8G/S905. All the other peripheals seems to work fine. I've tested all the dtb files avaialable at Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905.

Please could you give some advice on how to test it further?

Also wireless is able to detect available networks and cable shows correctly when I plug or unplug rj45 cconnector.

I had similar problem.

Set static IP in Windows. Create login and password (you can set automatic login later)

In LE change DHCP to manual.

Now manually add SMB Location (enter Windows IP you set and login / password you created).

Done.

Shares will be visible.

I have also noticed frame drop problem after enable subtitle. how to enable advanced codec info through normal remote (without press Crtl+Shift+O because i have no keyboard just normal nexbox android tv box remote) To aviod frame drop skip problem.

Install Keymap Editor add-on

Add-on:Keymap Editor - Official Kodi Wiki

and assign the right function to chosen remote button.

Guys, you need to live with this frame skip issue.

I thought it's gone in the latest update but after a day it's back.

afl1 is right. It's an overlay problem.

If you change the subtitles size to 14 the stuttering is gone but 14 is far to small.

The solution is to add a line of at the beginning of every subtitles. One line with normal font and one line with {y:i} marker because for some reason Kodi thinks that italic style is different and video stutters also when there is first italic line in subtitles.

The best way is just to accept that this problem is a part of Krypton.

kszaq mentioned many times that Krypton needs more CPU power than previous versions and the other thing is that Kodi team don't optimize code for Amlogic chips. Maybe some day they will.

I like Kodi 17 for one function: 1080p in YouTube using DASH and adaptive input stream.

The rest is a step back in optimization.

Waiting for Leia but my guess is it will be as sluggish as Krypton.

Hope I'm wrong! :)

Dear kszaq. Just tested still hot 8.2.1.1 and the subtitles stuttering seems to be fixed! I played my test file like 10 times and no stuttering at all! :)

Now I'm going to test sync audio sync issue.

Most videos played slightly out of sync in past updates. WEB-DL were in sync.

In Jarvis it's the other way around. WEB-DL are out of sync. It's always 125 ms in Krypton and -125 ms in Jarvis.

Will make tests later tonight.

display refresh rate ON / Subtitles Off - No suttering (1080p - 23,976 )

display refresh rate ON / Subtitles ON - Suttering ( 1080p - 23,976 )

Maybe it's not refresh rate issue

True. But we can agree it stutters only in 24p mode. So, subtitles rendering process somehow affects playback.

Well, it's a small bug. I like it too when everything works perfectly but we must remember that kszaq and other developers share with their work for free. If you don't like it use buggy Android version.

Forgot to mention that dropped frames will be visible only with active Adjust display refresh rate.

The bug is not present when Sync playback to display is enabled. So, to be precise:

Adjust display refresh rate ON / Sync playback to display OFF - dropped frames

Adjust display refresh rate OFF / Sync playback to display ON - no dropped frames caused by subtitles but dropped frames every now and then caused by the nature of 50/60 hz TV playing 24 fps content.

Adjust display refresh rate ON / Sync playback to display ON - dropped frames but often less visible.

So maybe it has something to do with refresh rate?

I mentioned about dropped frames in Krypton some time ago.

In my case they are visible only with first line of subtitles showing on the screen.

After that the video plays smooth. The format of subtitles doesn't matter (txt, srt, sub).

It's very easy to reproduce.

Play any 23.976 fps movie with external subtitles and you'll see dropped frames the moment first subs appear on the screen. Sometimes it's very visible and sometimes bearly visible, even playing the same file.

The issue is present in all Krypton builds. Leia too.

If you want butter smooth playback use latest Jarvis build.

There must be something you're doing wrong or there's a problem with USB pendrive or USB port itself.

One more time:

1. Download LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.10.img.gz

2. Download this dtb gxl_p212_2g.dtb

3. Remove all partitions from your USB, create new one and quick format it. If you don't know how here's a tutorial or use different pendrive.

4. Burn LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.10.img.gz with Rufus. Don't change any settings in it. Best if you download Rufus one more time and use with default settings as it is.

5. (optional) Remove dtb.img and copy gxl_p212_2g.dtb to pendrive. Rename it to dtb.img

TX5 Pro should boot with default dtb.img as well so you can skip this part.

6. Now follow the steps from my previous post.

1b. Boot to Android.

2b. Install Terminal Emulator.

3b. Insert USB pendrive into USB port which is closer to microSD slot (this is very important). Only one USB port will do the trick. If you're using the wrong one it won't boot.

4b. In Terminal Emulator enter this command:

reboot update

That's it.

If your box still hangs in Recovery I advise to use microSD card instead of USB pendrive.

If the problem will persist even with microSD card you can install TWRP Recovery using this Official TWRP App and repeat the whole process one more time.

Does it boot to Android?

If it does install Terminal Emulator from Play Store.

Remove the fake.zip file from USB. It's not needed in this case.

Insert USB pendrive into USB port which is closer to microSD slot (this is very important).

In Terminal Emulator enter this command:

reboot update

Your box should boot from USB.

This method worked with my TX5 Pro.

The toothpick method never worked for me.

Remove v-sync in kernel, compile kernel.

Good one! ;) The reason I ask is because I discovered something that was a big surprise in Jarvis. I've mentioned about it some while ago but without response.

There's a setting in Jarvis regarding Vertical Sync (enabled, disabled, enabled during playback and let the driver decide).

Few weeks ago I've set this to disabled, restarted the box and I just couldn't believe how fluent and more snappier the GUI becomed, without any tearing. It's extremely fluent. And it has no influence to videos. They still play flawless.

All sceptics, you can check for yourself.

Really, it's like having Snapdragon 835 inside this Chinese box now.

I'm just curious if the same trick would speed up GUI in Krypton which does not have this option but maybe it's not kernel related.

In LE 7 there was a setting for V-Sync (on, off, auto detect). Turning it off improved system speed and animations a lot! I did'nt notice any tearing during playback so maybe it makes a difference on a PC monitor only?

Anyway, LE 8 does not have this option in settings.

Is it enabled or disabled by default? If eanbled can I disable it by some command line?

The only frame skipping for me on current LE 8 versions is with 25p encoded HEVC files. However, I have managed to find version 8.0.0c of LE that (so far) is providing perfect playback although it is quite an early LE 8 release. These 25p frame skips at the later LE 8 releases are unpredictable in their timing - sometimes playback can be more than 30 minutes before a skip occurs and if you replay the exact same file, the skip does not occur in the same place.

Exactly. Just checked and it affects only 25 fps HEVC files.