Posts by lollo78

I assume you are using an external DVD player?

try rebooting after you have the drive plugged in and have a disk in the drive.

Yes, USB DVD player. I tried all: plugged, reboot, with a without disk inside but nothing.
    from ssh (lsusb) I can see the device, but nothing appear into the GUI.
    It worked before, on my old OE 6.9...

Hi guys!
    I need to buy a new DVB-T2 USB Stick adapter for my Rpi3 with LibreElec 7.0.2.
    Could you indicate me some models that in your experience know to works fine (out of the box with this configuration)?
    Thanks a lot.

yes, I notice this, but for common-shaders there is someting that seems doesn't works fine.
    I tried also to delete common-shaders-latest folder insider build-LibreELEC-* but

Code
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/build common-shaders

doesn't works.
    There is another path?
    I searced also in source folder, in /tmp but there are no trace of common-shareds folder.
    Any advice on what I have to clean to make it works again?
    Thx

Hi escalade,
    maybe there are someting wrong in your common-shaders script:
    LibreELEC.tv/package.mk at emu · escalade/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Code
    PROJECT=RPi2 ARCH=arm scripts/build common-shaders

will work only if you never launched this command, otherwise no.
    Of course, this affect also retroarch compilation (no common-shader-latest folder in build directory)

To make it work you need to manually change the folder name inside the script, like:

Code
    unzip -o -d common-a shaders_glsl.zip
    Code
    cp -R common-a/* $INSTALL/usr/share/retroarch/shaders

lollo78

I have no interest in that for the same reasons as mentioned above, mame2010 was updated last november 2015. If you want to create packages you need to put in the work yourself, I can help you if you have a specific question. There is a ton of similar packages already that you can look at and learn from.

;) OK

About specific question... :D
    For common-shaders you download both "common" and "retropie".
    But if you would advice only one?

Why would you anyways? The core hasn't seen an update in over 6 months, mame/mame2003 is a better choice. I prefer mame2003 as it displays a better picture, aspect seems off with mame.

I use mame2003 too (Mame romset 0.78).
    I would like to try mame2010 and create for the libretro community also a database .rdb/.dat for romset 0.139u4 (used in mame2010).
    Could you help me for the package.mk?
    Thx

Hi master,
    about this issue

Hi master! Just a quick question....
    Your script for libretro-database download only the existent files.
    I done some mods into .dat file and created a new .dat file but to use it with Retroarch (to perform game scanning) I have to compile it in .rdb.
    But... how to do that? Any suggestion?

I solved whit this:
    go to retroarch/libretro-db/ and run make there to compile just the converter
    this creates the c_converter binary that can be used like ./c_converter file.rdb file.dat

Now I'm trying to compile mame2010-libretro.
    According mame2010-libretro/README.txt at master · libretro/mame2010-libretro · GitHub I done this:

but compilation fails with

Code
    src/emu/hash.c:125:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
     #include <zlib.h>
                      ^
    compilation terminated.
    Makefile:838: recipe for target 'obj/retro64/emu/hash.o' failed
    make: *** [obj/retro64/emu/hash.o] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

could you help me?
    Thanks

The patch is to get a proper configuration for DS4 bluetooth. You can remove if you don't need it.

As for the "latest" version tag it can really be anything, if you look at the package I download from several sources in make_target. There are different ways of achieving things, a package should simply put what you want into $INSTALL.

Yes, patch deleted

About "latest".
    Sorry I did not explain well. I'm not very familiar with English.
    I would like to reach a way to automatically download the latest archive commits without manually editing the PKG_VERSION="" string.