Posts by richie83

Hey all,

I posted this in the forums but using LE 9.0.0 so maybe better here.

I updated to LibreElec 9 today and now getting buffering issues on certain larger files which worked perfectly fine previously. RPi3 is hard wired, I've also checked network speed with iperf and get ~97mbps.

I'm running PlexKodiConnect, but also tried directly through SMB and the files still buffer (as Kodi says, 'caching').

Seems not related to the codec, as it happens with other files I've tried that are H264 and VC-1 (I have the VC-1 key installed).

Log is here: hastebin

Log is right upto the start of the movie and couple of minutes in, where it buffers twice. I've also reset the system video and player settings but no joy.

Reverting back to 8.2.5 and all these movies play perfectly fine without any buffering.

Can someone please help?

Hello,

I recently purchased the TL-WN821N as my router sits about 5 meters from my media player, but the powerline adapters on that circuit are, to be honest, crap. I tested wifi with a raspberry pi at the same spot and get considerably better throughput. The only issue is I can't get the dongle to work. Running Libreelec 7.0.3 on an Intel NUC, this is the Version 5 dongle.

lsusb output:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:8000 Intel Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 2357:0107
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I've tried fixes from here and here, being:

Code
    modprobe 8192cu
    echo "2357 0107" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rtl8192cu/new_id

This makes the wireless network option show up in the libreelec configuration, but when you select to activate it, it just deactivates it straight away, even with the network cable unplugged.

I also plugged the dongle into my windows PC and it showed the driver being used is 'rt8192eu.inf', so also tried:

Code
    modprobe 8192eu
    echo "2357 0107" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rtl8192eu/new_id

But this is even worse, as soon as you run lsusb again it locks up.

I'm not sure where to go from here?