Posts by id4vip

Hello Friends,
    Just one curiosity. Is Kodi on raspberry pi2 works like VOIP PBX also ? the end result I need in these ways.
    1, raspberry pi & kodi able to do audio & voice chat like (Skype or Jist.si) standalone. I preferred webrtc solution so that future proof and not depend upon anybody else.
    2,my raspberry pi works 24 hr in my home. Is it able to work as VOIP PBX also? my main goal is putting five six voip line in PBX and divert them in to my Home phone Linksys SIP ATA on same network. The benefit it would give extra incoming channel from different provider to my one line SIP ATA.
    3, for outgoing call I can use cheapest provider from my voip providers.
    4,for outgoing through whole sale provider like voxbeam.com, etc. are IP address base. So if I have my own pbx I can use there service directly from my raspberry pi to direct IP phone provider cloud. DHCP internet address can be manipulate to provider website manually.
    5, I need all of these, but my kodi working should normal as it is prime requirement in my home to watch TV. All upper specified things work in background and not as critical as kodi performance.

I am able to put my VOIP PBX SIP credentials in my Linksys ATA. so that both work with harmony with each other.
    thanks

I doubt this will be added due to both lack of interest and composite video also being an option on the rpi. Should be simple to write a script or addon that will do this. You'll have to google because I don't remember off the top of my head but there is a gpio that you can read state for hdmi. Its the one used for hotplug. Think there is also a console command tvstatus or something like that. Good luck. If you need help I might have some time to whip up something quick this weekend, or if you just need a good starting point this might help GitHub - lsellens/script.service.rpi.tv.switch: Kodi addon for switching RPi on and off by GPIO. Its what I use to power my rpi on and off automatically with the tv but it requires building support hardware and might not work on all tv's. Also I need to remake the schematic since I've improved the circuit since I put that up. original p-channel fet has too much of a voltage drop.

Thanks  lsellens, for giving us the hope that this thing possible. please guide me how your addon working in this scenario. I just want the addon give stop command to Raspberry PI after detecting HDMI inactive. Internet data is more critical here then electricity. May be in future we can combine with pushbullet addon and we can get notification about when TV start and when switch off. Spying on wife how much she watch the TV with official records.
    thanks

Thanks for your Expert advice.
    Ok if thing is not possible in Kodi Background. is there any addon available which able to connect google calendar with kodi? Like there are some program addon's Pushbullet, email etc. so any idea or any addon perfectly deal within this scenario. Now I am using following trick

Google calender >>> IFTTT.com >>> Pushbullet.com >>> Pushbullet addon >>> Kodi Notifications

This thing working for me but I will happy to make system more stable instead of involving many services.So please share your expert advices to figure out one useful & handy service for everybody.

Thanks

Hello,
    Please guide me how I am able to customaries my Kodi TV home Background with Google calendar Database or equivalent as background. As my Raspberry pi working 24 hours. So I want it should also work as the auto reminder assistant also. I want instead of default background my kodi shows me table type background and which shows me the google calendar dates and events. Or please guide me anything to achieve this target. Also it should be raspberry pi, hardware resources & internet data friendly.

Thanks

Hi,
    I have a Raspberry PI-2 at my home with Kodi. I just want to request LibreELEC to make some type of arrangement in there operating system (without CEC commands).
    If Rasspberry pi (or any other hardware) detect The HDMI connected to it is inactive. It stop active streaming and system come on to home menu. The final requirement if TV is off , Rasspberry pi stop downloading data. This thing is very important for limited Internet bandwidth users so that accidently if the user not give stop command to raspberry pi & switch of TV. The raspberry pi in background downloading continuously.

Please guide me towards my goal.

TV off >> HDMI inactive >> Rasspberry sense HDMI inactive >>> operating system give stop command to kodi >> O/S bring kodi to home screen.

thanks