Posts by toe-kne3

I had this on one (out of a few) MXQ Pro 4k boxes as well, and had to go trough an odd update route via generic Android MXQ pro 4k firmware to OpenElec via zip update, after which I could finally update with a tar libreelec update file. (going from Android to Librelec (installinternal) would bring the black screen back again).
    I'm sure there must be better ways to get it working, (although I ran installtointernall several times in a row) but this managed to work for me.

I'm willing to try this method out. Could you please provide some more detail? Maybe some links? You'd be a lifesaver... The last time i tried to install Openelec via update zip, bricked the box.

I've tried running the installtointernal command several times as well and still no luck.

Hi Kszaq,

Thanks for the build. Been waiting for something like this since i got my box a year ago.

The only thing is that I can't seem to get it to boot from the internal storage. Followed your instructions and used an SD Card to boot, which was fine.
    - Enabled ssh
    - Issued the "installtointernal" command
    - Issued the "rebootfromnand" and removed the SD Card, it wouldn't boot. Just an eternally black screen (and I left it on overnight incase it was one of those first boot situations).
    - SD Card inserted - it would boot from it.

Ended up trying the temp-sensor-disabled version of your build but same thing. Am I missing something? Is there anyway to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Box - MXQ Pro 4K S905 D16, Ver 1.0 Date 151021