Posts by pawnthep

Do you actually need all those languages though? I can't imagine you speak all of them :) It's not a lot of work adding fonts, but packages need to be made built and tested. I don't know which TTF's are suitable for those either.

You are right. I don't know all that languages.
    I just want Asian MV and series display their title correctly. That's all. So for now it's indeed more than ok for me. :) Chrome browsing speed in your build is fantastic. I think it's on par with my Chromebook.

BTW, the latest build still has to disable pulseaudio manually before getting sound to works on Chrome.

Thanks for your works.

Has anyone with mk808b pro (amlogic s905 stick) succeeded with installing LibreELEC to NAND?

I just got this device yesterday. I can install LE (both kszaq's krypton and jarvis build) to sd card. But when tried ssh install to NAND it will fail to boot and then brick the device.

SSD command "installtointernal" was shown successfully flash to NAND. But it won't boot from NAND, instead it still boot to sd card. So I did ssh "installtointernal" a second time, this will get the device brick and can't boot from sd card anymore. I have to flash with amlogic burning tool to start all over again.

I did this twice, first time with krypton and second with jarvis, and it was all the same result,that is, the device will get brick after the second ssh install command.

Any possible solution for installing to NAND?

escalade
    Looking forward for the fix in the next build. :)

One more request, if it's not too much to ask, would you consider adding more Asian language font support for Chrome, like Japanese, Korean, Chinese? (Really appreciated that you added Thai font support per my request a few months back.) But if this is a lot of works to do, please ignore it.

Or is this what I can do it myself later after Chrome installed?

Regards.

Thanks for Krypton build. It's really great especially for my Live TV playback. :)
    I have my tvheadend backend running on K2 pro (afl1's internal tuner supported build), but got stuttering issue on sd channel from live tv.
    Krypton build (on any clients) always solve this issue.

But I still notice an issue so called "S905 Deinterlacing Issues" as mentioned in this thread though, but can easily be fixed by the same solution posted there.

@escalade
    I tried various configurations with asound.conf but still have no sound output from Chrome.

In asound.conf

Code
    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm {
            @func getenv
            vars [ ALSAPCM ]
            # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
            default "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1"
        }
    }

I tried change "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1" to
    "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0"
    "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=2"
    "sysdefault:CARD=IntelHDMI"
    but still no sound.

What did I miss here?

escalade Thanks for the update.

Just curious, what's the advantage of Chrome running natively over running with docker?

I notice that now http://youtube.com/tv can be played without problem, which is really great.

But I can't get sound output in Chrome either from hdmi or analog output. How to configure sound output of Chrome?

Regards. :)

Updated versions:
    LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004.4.img.gz
    LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KII_Pro-7.0.2.004.4.img.gz

- applied kszaq's fixes: removed hardware demux patch and added a change to allow playing very high bitrate videos.

Thanks for the update.

But there is no easy way to update on NAND installation, right?
    I did put updated image on update folder in NAND but it boots to black screen and nothing goes on.

I have to fresh install on SD and use ssh to install to NAND. Then restore from backup.

Just notice that the memory leak issue still happen. Have to restart Kodi from time to time.

EDIT: It seems you can't use both WiFi & BT at the same time. If WiFi is connected I cannot connect to my BT speaker, if my BT speaker is connect WiFi fails to connect.
    EDIT2:It seems you have to connect to wifi then turn wifi off, turn on BT reboot and connect speaker then turn on wifi. After that reboot a second time and they both work.

I have this exact same issue with Kii pro too.

I tested internal version installation on KI Plus from android and it works. Have you unzip archive to emty SD card?
    There have to be 3 files:
    LibreELEC-Amlogic.aarch64-KI_Plus-7.0.2.004-update.zip
    aml_autoscript
    factory_update_param.aml

Yes, there are these 3 files and I did unzip to empty sd card.
    But I installed from toothpick method which result in failed and aborted in recovery screen.

Using sd card version to ssh installation is successful.
    Maybe someone else can try this again to check for internal version installation.

Sorry wrong versions. I fixed them.

afl1
    Thanks for the fix.

But the internal flash version still not work. It show installing zip but failed and aborted in recovery screen.

However I tried sd card version and ssh to install to internal flash, this method works well.

Something weird though, it will show bluetooth adapter not found (after enable buletooth service.)
    But after I restore my previous backup from 7.0.2.004.1, which I can paired my bt headphone successfully, now the bluetooth adapter is shown and working.

Thanks for you works. It's very great. (I notice that memory leak issue has been solved since 7.0.2.004.1 too.)

I tried install Kii pro's Internal flash version but the box just goes to recovery only and nothing installed.

BTW, unzipped files do not have files like aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml.

Edited: just tried install KII_Pro-7.0.2.004.2.img.gz on SDcard too. It boots but only stuck at LibreELEC logo.