Posts by roel

This is the content of mu s805_autoscript:if test ${bootfromrecovery} = 1; then setenv bootfromrecovery 0; saveenv; run update; fi;
    if test ${bootfromnand} = 1; then setenv bootfromnand 0; saveenv; run storeboot; fi;
    setenv bootrootfs " boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=LIBREELEC_DISK BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img "
    setenv cecconfig cecf
    setenv bootargs ${bootrootfs} ${bootargs}
    setenv le_usb "if fatload usb 0 ${loadaddr} kernel.img; then bootm ${loadaddr}; fi;"
    setenv le_sd "if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} kernel.img; then bootm ${loadaddr}; fi;"
    run le_usb
    run le_sd

compiled with:
    mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d s805_autoscript.txt s805_autoscript

This is the output from 'cat s805_autoscript':

'V��2X��"��E�if test ${bootfromrecovery} = 1; then setenv bootfromrecovery 0; saveenv; run update; fi;
    if test ${bootfromnand} = 1; then setenv bootfromnand 0; saveenv; run storeboot; fi;
    setenv bootrootfs " boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=LIBREELEC_DISK BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img "
    setenv cecconfig cecf
    setenv bootargs ${bootrootfs} ${bootargs}
    setenv le_usb "if fatload usb 0 ${loadaddr} kernel.img; then bootm ${loadaddr}; fi;"
    setenv le_sd "if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} kernel.img; then bootm ${loadaddr}; fi;"
    run le_usb
    run le_sd

I use the LE8 sources from Demetris and used your s805_autoscript, replacing the LABEL's to LIBREELEC and LIBREELEC_DISK. I use the mkimage command as mentioned on your github page.
    I'm not at home now, I can specify this evening.

Balbes,

I tried different sd-card readers, different sd-cards and different ways, burning with dd, burning with etcher, etc.

The strange thing is that your builds work on the same sd-cards with the same readers and the same burning tools. I even burned your image to sd, booted from it and upgraded it with my KERNEL and SYSTEM files. result -> 2nd partition is corrupted. Regarding me there is some setting that is wrong, at the other side its strange it doesn't happen with the usb drive.

I'm checking my scripts and patches vs yours to see if there is something different that can explain it.

Seems it just the same image, due to some reason it works with a usb stick and not with a SD-card. I tried different SD-cards with all the same result. Somebody an idea why I get a filesystem corruption error on a SD-card and with the same image on a usb stick I don't have the error and the device boots fine.

Indeed, for some stupid reason it boots from usb but not from SD-card. Ona SD-card you get an error of filesystem corruption. What could be the reason of this.
    By the way, I didn't need the recovery way (didn't work on a M8S), it works with a s805_autoscript.

So Demetris just to let you know, I booted your latest lakka build for the M8 on my M8S on a USB stick with the s805_autoscript in attachement (unzip first). It's the s805_autoscript from Balbes150 with the BOOT changed to LAKKA an DISK changed to LAKKA_DISK

I'm getting a file system corrupted also on my m8s when trying to boot from SD-card. I don't know what you mean with booting into recovery and then reboot from usb. Did you burn the image to usb or copy the img file to usb. In the last case, I think you already installed it on your internal nand.
    I'm compiling the sources now myself with the S805_autoscript build in and the dtb file for my box, see if it works then.

I have a question about amlogic images for booting from SD. Is the image different then those to flash your firmware.

I tried to boot a regular image (for flashing) from SD, so not the sd-images from Kszaq or Balbes150. I get the kernel booting, but then it complaints about the the fact the 2nd partition is corrupted and it needs to do a chkfs, what doesn't work as the filesystem is read only. I tried with different sd cards even a new one and it's all the same. My filesystem is fat16 for the BOOT partition and ext4 for the DISK partition. If I do the md5sum check, the md5sum is correct.

I checked Balbes sources on github and don't see any differences in the mkimage script, or it should be another script that I don't know. I build the sources using 'make amlpkg', or should I use 'make image'? According me it shouldn't be different or does it?

My s805_autoscript works as if I leave the disk=LABEL=DISK away, the kernel boots and then complaints about not finding the 2nd partition. With the disk=LABEL=DISK, it does find the 2nd partition (mmvblk0p2) and complaints about the fact the filesystem is corrupted.

The only thing I assume can be the problem is the fact I copy the s805_autoscript to the sd-card after burning the image to it.

Found that hdmi port was my issue, i will resolder the pins and continue
    Edit:Fixed!
    roel
    only thing left to push is a kodi upgrade

Sorry, I was talking about the Lakka sources. Are these up to date an github?

Edit: Nevermind, found them here: GitHub - libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC: Lakka is a lightweight Linux distribution that transforms a small computer into a full blown game console.
    I see You named the labels to LAKKA and LAKKA_DISK, assuming you are Ntemis. Big thanks for that, I'm already downloading.

I have some bad news. My S802 has some issues with outputing video out from hdmi. So now am left with a bootable device with no video out and looks like is a hardware issue.

Did it overheat? According me, these boxes need extra cooling if you use it to play games. My OPI-one with self made passive cooler stay's around 40° when playing games with Lakka.

Can you still ssh into the device?

Demetris,

is it possible to change your FAT_VOL_ID in the mkimage script for Lakka to LAKKA and ad EXT_VOL_ID and label it to disk and add it to the tune2fs command when creating partition 2?

FAT_VOLUME_LABEL="LAKKA"
    EXT_VOLUME_LABEL="DISK"

&

# create filesystem on part2
    echo "image: creating filesystem on part2..."
    mke2fs -F -q -t ext4 -m 0 "$OE_TMP/part2.ext4"
    tune2fs -L "$EXT_VOL_LABEL" -U $UUID_STORAGE "$OE_TMP/part2.ext4" >"$SAVE_ERROR" 2>&1 || show_error
    e2fsck -n "$OE_TMP/part2.ext4" >"$SAVE_ERROR" 2>&1 || show_error
    sync

If it is not possible, then I will buid it myself with these changes, so I can run it from SD-card. But I think it's interesting for others also to run from SD.

BTW, or You still on openelec or is it already along time ago You updated your sources on github?

Thanks

1. DVD previously worked ?
    2. What version of LE you are trying to play a DVD ?
    3. What media runs LE (SD or USB or eMMC) ?

1) I tried different DVD's. They worked previously. Strang thing is: I don't get the 'play dvd' on the menu, but it mounts in videos -> files. You know with the video_ts dir.
    2) 7.0.3 lan 1000 with your modified kernel.
    3) Did run it from SD, maybe the SD is to slow to handle that? I used a 8gig sandisk extreme pro UHS-1

Balbes,

I tested your build with new kernel configuration and everything on my Eny M8S seems to work. I also can see bleutooth devices altough I didn't try to pair them.
    What I noticed is that it doesn't play dvd from my external dvd-rom. It mounts the DVD but if I try to play them it says "working" and the system hangs until you remove the dvd from the tray.

Wait until i get my hands on an s812 device, images now are specific for s802

Demetris,

the fault was in the s805_autoscript as it searches for a disk with label BOOT, your label=LAKKA. I changed BOOT in the s805_autoscript to LAKKA, but then it complaint about the 2nd partition that should be labeled DISK. Your second partition isn't labeled. I don't know how it can be done otherwise in the s805_autoscript.
    Is it possible to adjust your image so the 2nd partition label is labeled DISK? When I change it with e2label, it corrupts the partition.
    Or if somebody knows what to change in the s805_autoscript to identify the 2nd partition on the sd card?