Posts by roel

I'd like to add that from Coreelec 8.90.1 onwards "longpress" is supported but you have to switch from remote.xml to keyboard.xml for it to work.

Do you mean you have to create a different file for keyboard buttons? I thought it was specified in the format of the file for example <keymap><global><keyboard> and for remote it is for example <keymap><global><remote>. As I understood, with the ir-keytable method all button presses where interpreted as keyboard inputs. Or am I wrong?

The good news is Martin is gradually adding support for the s812 to the kernel mainline. Now you can use s812 as a server (there is no HDMI output yet).

Nice to hear the mainline kernel for the S812 is also getting shape. Your armbian build made me dust of my M8S. Now I have to find the proper DTB. Hopefully HDMI will be functional soon.

I tried it on coreelec, but when I want to launch a game, the systems freezes and after a while it goes back to the kodi home screen. Did only try with snes games and beetle-snes.( -> from de corelec games addons not the ones from raybuntu)

What I think is strange is that You can't choose which emulator to use, for example f you installed 2 snes emulators.

Balbes,

your 21/12 build works OK, does even boot from sd. No corrupted file system error.

Regarding the systemd errors on startup, according me these are modules that systemd wants to load, but probably, you integrated them in the kernel and didn't compile them as modules.

You can see which error it is when ssh'ing into the box an run following command: systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service

On my box this is the result:

-> systemd-module-load.service:

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd-modules-load[2196]: Failed to find module 'aml

videodri'

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process

exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Unit entered

failed state.

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with

result 'exit-code'.

and

->kodi-aml-hdmimonitor.service:

Sep 30 11:34:59 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Kodi Amlogic HDMI connection monit

or.

Sep 30 11:34:59 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi-aml-hdmimonitor.service: Main process

Sep 30 11:34:59 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi-aml-hdmimonitor.service: Unit entered

failed state.

Sep 30 11:34:59 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi-aml-hdmimonitor.service: Failed with

result 'exit-code'.

balbes150

2 systemd error messages:

-> systemd-module-load.service:

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting Load Kernel Modules...

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd-modules-load[2196]: Failed to find module 'aml

videodri'

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Main process

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Unit entered

failed state.

Sep 29 10:17:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Failed with

result 'exit-code'.

and

->kodi-aml-hdmimonitor.service:

Sep 30 11:34:59 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Kodi Amlogic HDMI connection monit

or.

Sep 30 11:34:59 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi-aml-hdmimonitor.service: Main process

Sep 30 11:34:59 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi-aml-hdmimonitor.service: Unit entered

failed state.

Sep 30 11:34:59 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi-aml-hdmimonitor.service: Failed with

result 'exit-code'.

My issue is that I can power the box off from the remote but not back on. The only way I can power back on is by pulling the power cord from the back of the the box and reinserting to reset the box. I can then press the power button on the box to power it back on.

Same problem here, I have to pull out the power and back in before it starts. Didn't had this problem before.

balbes150

Nice work. I only have a small problem since I updated to krypton. I have a dvd/hdd combo like this one -> USB Portable DVD/CD Writer and HDD All-In-One Combo

But when there is a cd in the tray, the hdd doesn't mount anymore. Strange as it wasn't a problem on Jarvis. I got to investigate it further, maybe it's a hardware problem that occured on the same time I upgraded to Krypton.

As I had to much issues with the 30/08 build, I tried the latest build of Demetris (just burn it to sd and added Balbes S805_autoscript). Boots fine and everything works, even my dvd/hdd combo. So something should probably be wrong in Balbes150 image.

Regarding the cpu, in Demetris image I have also constantely 1 cpu at 100%.

Now I'm in fear when upgrading cause lost all my customizations and configuration.

Any solution for backup and restore entire sd card after a broken upgrade?

I installed TWRP on my M8S. Probably it's available for MXIII also. Search on freaktab. With TWRP you can take a backup. If the libreelec update fails, you can put the backup back with TWRP.