Posts by RayW

Well brilliant work kszaq on the new 12e build. Have updated by 12d on my MXQ M12CX S905X box and no problems with update. ALso it has gone a long long way to fixing my stalling of remtoe and keyboard when runnign up a video making the delay much much shorter. Also in particualr now I can skip forward and back playign a video stream without it freezing the video and having to power down reboot the box. It takes a second or two as normal to sync back on the video stream but it is no longer locking up (particualrly as it was skipping backwards it seemed) leaving only the audio content playing.

Thanks also to Kostaman for advising be about the eMMC or straight NAND memory issue. I did the 12e update with the latest ordinary 1G dtb file as I used always before but now I see there is new 1G and 2G nand.dtb files for the S905X boxes. My question is how do I find which type of memory my box has Nand or eMMC ??? I have not yet had time to take the rsik and try the nand dtb yet but though I would ask first here to see where I can discover what type my MXQ M12cx S905X metal cased box has.

Not had chance to check the WiFi / Ethernet fix yet but was never really a problem for me. Does any one know if there is a fix in this build for that weird problem when enabling the Update Channels and it leaving a totally no content options panel on the Libreelec settings main screen ??

Thanks for feedback Kostaman. THis has to be a bug though as never experienced this before with other Linux firmware over several years now. Shame as other than this problem it seems so far great firmware and runs exceeding fast adn well in all other respects. As I pointed out LE is installed to nand here but not tested this problem running it on a new box from the SD card as not got around to installing on the bootup SD card an appropriate add-on to test it to, but will do soon when I get a spare moment.

As I said I think it may well be related to the internet speed from the experience my friend here is having withthis problem on a much slower internet than my very fast one. Is there anything I can do to help with identifying the cause of this bug ??

Yes noticed the 2 connections WIFi and Ethernet, so I just disable the WiFi connection when usign Ethernet. THis I seem to remember was the same with other Linux firmware I have been using too.

RayW

Yes that is me that Kodiuser1 is refering too. See my post I made in the other forum thread with the new releases (maybe I should have posted here as I am new to this forum though not new to KODI and Linux builds ???) . It is post #412 there and is quite long and detailed about this very problem. My feelings are it is maybe something to do with how fast the cache fills from the online data stream whilst the video is playing fine, I say this as a freind of mine here has a much slower internet connection and this loss of all control (remote and keyboard) lasts much longer than it does for me with my very fast fibre connection.

Cheers
    RayW

Any help would be much appreciated

Hi all. I am new here on this forum introduced here by an old freind and member here. Been many years with Amlogic boxes coming up with MX Linux and the old single core A7 based boxes. However brand new to LibreElec which I have now got working on soem MXQ M12CX S905X metal cased boxes I was sent in error (should have been M12 S805 boxes but no longer available). Much appreciate your fantastic work here kszaq, so many thanks and respect to you for this great fast S905/S905X firmware.

Anyhow with great help from my friend I ran one of these S905X MXQ boxes from the SD card as prescribed with V7.0.2.009 64 bit build and all was fine and thus did the installtointernal and all good apart from the main problem below which has been present with all builds. However now seems much worse with some KODI add-ons. I used the same remote.conf file as I used to use on the S805 boxes (remote mapped the same) with Ember firmware and this did the trick wonderfully.

I converted to 7.0.3.012c (completing the prescribed procedure for switching from 64bit to 32bit) and now to 012d today and again all is fine except two bugs, one quite serious. The less serious one is I enabled the Libre 7 update channel in the LibreElec settings and now I cannot see any content in the settings panel for the top System option, all other options are okay. Even a full hard power off reboot will not bring it back but strangely after the box being in overnight sleep mode (red indicator on from the remote power down button) the content was back there again, so I could run say Backups again. Then later in the day the System option content disappeared again as it is agian right now. Odd ??

The main fault which was present in 009 and now with 012c and 012d is much more problematic. With many add-ons (pity as I really need to name them and do not think I can here !!), and particualrly those that play catchup TV, when I go to actually stream the video, then as normal you get the spinning working icon bottom right and then the screen should go blank momentorilly and the video stream play. However with all the 3 versions of LE I have installed it now goes to the video stream and plays but shows a frozen "working" icon and I have no remote control functions at all. Indeed no control with a wireless keyboard either, but the video stream carries on playing fine. After a few seconds, or sometimes after a few minutes, control then comes back and the frozen "working" icon disappears (if indeed it actually appeared as soemtimes it does not). On a freind's set up where he has a much slower internet connection (mine is a very fast 200Mb down and 50 Mb up from a good ISP) the time taken for control to come back with this problem is quite a bit longer than for me.

So it seems (and I am trying to logically guess here) that it only restores control when the streaming cache is either full or nearly full and that is why I feel it is worse on my friends slower internet connection and why it also varies as to how long you have to wait for control, with different far end servers that are selected for streaming from. Furthermore on the TV catchup addons I use, skipping forward or back often causes a blank or frozen frame screen and the time bar stays stuck, but the audio still plays okay ??? If I close the stream and rerun it up it plays okay if run from the beginning but if I choose Resume from xx:xx time then all I get is a completely blank screen but again with the audio playing and the same delay before I get remote control back again, and worse sometimes I do not get control back and have to pull the power plug for a hard reboot !!

Anyone got any ideas, or is this maybe a known bug I have not yet seen here being new in this forum ??? Is it maybe a fault just with this what I believe is a brand new MXQ M12CX S905X model with its beautiful metal case design ??

Cheers
    Ray Walton