Posts by Scottford

I'm looking at the CIFS sample now. It looks like it will take some time for me to figure it out.

As a side note, I tried setting up a FTP server on my PC and was able to playback my file perfectly on my Pi.

If I can't figure this out the FTP share is a fine alternative for me.

I have a raspberry Pi 2 with LibreElec installed. Been using this setup for years but have noticed an issue in the last 6 months or so. When I try to play a relatively high bit rate video over smb I get buffering. Files are located on a Windows machine. This didn't used to happen.

For a test, I tried playing the video using the Plex add-on in Kodi and the file played back perfectly. I thought maybe Plex was transcoding the file but I checked and it said it's playing at original quality.

Why would Plex not buffer but my SMB connection does?

I have wired connection btw.

A few things. I've got Password-protected sharing turned *on* in Windows 10 and LibreElec (Kazaq's latest s905x build) accesses it without any problems. You can tell Windows not to require regular password changes. I can't remember where you do this, but Google will. What I did was to create an account specifically for Samba access and then hide that account without ever signing into it. How to hide accounts? There's one registry key to change. Again, Google will come to your rescue. If you do it that way, there will be minimal impact on your system. No superfluous folder structure under 'Users', No superfluous user name on your sign-in screen. Hth.

Your solution sounds interesting. I may have to look into it. Sounds like the solution I'm looking for.

Upon further investigation using UPnP shares isn't a good solution for me. UPnP doesn't allow you to choose the set content(ie. movies or TV) in Kodi. Therefore, unless I'm missing something. I can't add it to my library. It just acts as dumb files. Back to the drawing board.

My media is stored on a computer(windows) and I use LibreElec on a raspberry pi to access it. I also run Plex server on the PC to do Plex stuff. But when using LibreElec I prefer to stick to Kodi's UI. I normally don't use the Plex addon from Kodi. I've also tried "PlexKodiConnect" and wasn't a huge fan (I may try it again some day in the future).

Here's my question. Is it a bad idea to add media to Kodi using the UPnP share that Plex creates? Are there any shortcomings to accessing my media that way as opposed to SMB/Samba, or another method? Just to be clear, I'm not looking to do any trans coding or whatnot. I just want to access the media.

Like many, I'm having trouble accessing my windows shares from my raspberry pi 2 running libreelec. There's a lot of reading in the readme of the latest release. I have a lot of learning to do, as I've read it all a few times and got myself more and more confused. But one step at a time..

My question is simple. Am I required to have login (password) on my windows 10 (with creators update) machine for LibreElec to access my shares? Previously I didn't have a password on my windows machine.