Posts by fxfxfx

Solution/Update: From another LibreElec thread I learned to disable/change HDMI-CEC settings in Kodi by going to Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC. Problem solved!
    - - - -
    Just installed 8.0.0b on a NexBox S905 1G/8G. Previously ran 7.0.3.12c through 12i. Upgraded to 7.95.beta6 and instantly onwards to 8.0.0b.

I'm experiencing an automatic shutdown of Kodi after changing HDMI source away from my Kodi box (HDMI2) to Chromecast (HDMI1). Log file:

• Feb 21 09:30:37 Kodi: 09:30:37.365 T:4119078928 NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
    • Feb 21 09:30:37 Kodi: 09:30:37.365 T:4119078928 NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc

The shutdown behavior is unwanted. How do I disable this auto-shutdown?

Clarification: Kodi and LE runs perfect when in use (in my case, on HDMI2). If there's no activity, while the TV stays on HDMI2, Kodi simply dims the display (as intended) - and all is well, ready to resume. But if switch to HDMI1 (my chromecast), Kodi/LE will power itself off after a short period of time with the following two log entries: 1) "Feb 21 10:53:30 Kodi: 10:53:30.505 T:4119967760 NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs" and 2) "Feb 21 10:53:30 kodi 10:53:30.506 T:4119967760 NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc".

If "adjust display to match refresh rate" is enabled you will need to Calibrate 60Hz, 50Hz, 23.98Hz (23.976) etc. by manually switching Kodi to that resolution and Calibrating. It is not an intuitive process so most people Calibrate the default GUI frame rate (60Hz) and then wonder why their DVD at 23.976Hz doesn't reflect their changes.

If I disable "adjust display to match refresh rate" and calibrate the Kodi UI @60Hz, will DVDs @23.976Hz still be displayed correctly - and with the calibrated "universal" size?

If so, that would probably be the easiest solution for the majority of future post readers.

Typically you want to avoid using the kodi screen calibration.

You really want to try and set your TV picture mode to "just scan, 16:9, wide mode, etc" This will fix it all around.

Unfortunately, my TV doesn't offer access to this setting. Been rummaging through the menus like a madman. No luck. Sounds like it is an easy fix for those with that option available, though. I will try it at family members' TV and their LibreElec boxes. But, at the moment I cannot confirm this solution. Luckily, I had success with the alternative solution offered by S80_UK.
    [hr]

If the video player is using a different frame-rate to the UI (check video player settings) then you either need to use the settings to calibrate for the different framerates, or prevent the framerate from changing, or you need to run the calibration from the playing video screen (pop up the media controls and video calibration is down the video processing options menu).

I know that the recommendation is always to set the TV to "just scan" but plenty of older TVs don't have that option.

Thanks for chiming in. And you are right, indeed; my TV doesn't offer the option of enabling "just scan" or manually setting it to 16:9 or similar.

I've been looking for this (now painfully obvious) solution every now and then since august and intensively the last 2½ weeks. Thought I missed out on some Kodi lingo, since I couldn't google the answer. I'm relieved and embarrassed to learn that I can simply calibrate from within the player interface by accessing the settings - which I needed to do (once) for each change of frame rate (media, live TV, etc). Lovely. It works now.

A daily 'bug' in enjoying media - and an unjust and negative perception of Kodi in this matter - has finally been laid to rest on my part. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.

How do I force the video player interface to adhere to the same calibration/size that I have manually set for the Kodi user interface?

Let me explain...

1. I have calibrated the screen size in Kodi, so that the user interface aligns with the TV's actual size. In other words, there aren't any pixels rendered "outside" the visible area of the TV screen. Initially, the Kodi interface was "too big", but through calibration I resized it to display correctly. tSo when browsing/using Kodi, menus, media, list, etc. everything is displayed as desired. So far, so good.

BUT!

2. When I play a movie, video clip or TV channel the video player interface exceeds the size of my TV screen, just as the Kodi interface did before I calibrated it. The video player simply does not adhere to the defined calibration. Exiting to Kodi itself yields the correct size of the Kodi menus, etc. Only the video player interface is staying at its fixed proportions.

How can I control and calibrate the size of the video player interface?

The problem persists across five separate Kodi boxes and across both version 7 and 7.95betas.

Thanks.

Have you tried to boot without the recovery button pressed? That isn't necessary after the first time; if you want to boot from USB just insert and power on.

Before installing LibreElec, when running live-boot on top of Android, that worked nicely. But whether I hold the reset button or not, the boot from USB is stuck in the process, since I installed LibreElec to NAND. It simply does not progress from the NexBox logo to the LibreElec logo and bit into Kodi.

Thanks for joining in, though. I'm baffled by this.

MY LIBREELEC
    I recently converted my Nexbox S905 1G/8G from Android to LibreElec 7.03.12a and manually upgraded it to LibreElec 7.03.12c via SSH. In summary; a succesful toothpick install from a USB drive - and a great improvement in daily use of Kodi, now that I'm running LibreElec.

THE PROBLEM
    I cannot get my NexBox with LibreElec to live boot from my USB drive anymore. Neither the old/original USB stick which worked perfectly for installing LibreElec 7, nor the other USB with LibreElec 8. Nothing has changed (same USB port on the NexBox, USB drive, image file and dtb - kept the USB as-it-was), except I'm now running LibreElec.

GOAL
    Run the beta 2 with Kodi RC3 on a live USB. I am familiar with the manual upgrade procedure, but I am hesitant to upgrade directly to LibreElec 8 and would like to test LibreElec 8 before installing it permanently.

ALREADY TRIED
    I dd'ed the unpacked image file and copied the dtb.img. So, I'm good to go. Pop in the USB, unplug the power adapter, hold the reset button, replug the power adapter. NexBox a95x logo - forever. Try the other USB port. Try the first USB port, again. Retry ad nauseam. Normal boot via NAND works fine. Then I came here for assistance.

I need some advice and helpful pointers on booting LibreElec 8 beta 2 from USB on a S905 system (NexBox a95x) already running LibreElec 7.

Thanks in advance.