Posts by mattrix

@milhouse

Just a note:

You'll need Raspberry Pi to update their os_list_v3.json with the new tar urls once the change happens.

May I suggest you keep a copy of the old named files on the servers, so there is no down-time between the files being renamed on LibreELEC's end and Raspberry Pi updating the URLS.

Once they update their file, then it would be safe to delete the old named files.

The tarballs can actually be named differently to the label.

You just need to include "tarball" in the partitions file.

This way, you wouldn't need to rename the tarballs, or change the os_list_v3.json file.
    Simply change the partitions.json file by adding the "tarball" and then changing the "label".

It might be a good idea to do this even if the names are the same (explicit vs implicit).

eg. The below should work fine

UPDATE: Only works in PINN due to this pull request not yet merged into NOOBS

Hi all,

Got a bit of an annoying problem.

I like to have it that when the TV turns off - it also stops KODI playback (mainly for live TV TvHeadend back-end power saving).

However, if I have this setting on and it stops playback, when I turn the TV back on - it's a completely black screen.

I can hear the KODI navigation noises and it does detect the resolution - just no GUI at all.

I have tried setting the reosultion to a fixed value and also disabled screensaver without any joy.

This is on a Raspberry Pi 3 running latest stable.

My Odroid C2 also appears to do the same (on a different TV).

Both TV's are Samsung (different models).

Any ideas?

Maybe I need to add HDMI force hotplug in config?

Thanks,

Matt

So I specifically go out of my way to say I am only interested in recommendations for a 905 box, and I do not want to hear about the WeTek or circuit board devices (like the Odroid). I already know what I DO NOT WANT, and I specified what I DO NOT WANT to avoid wasting time, since I don't plan to spend a week researching a tv box. And what do I get as responses? One only naming a WETEK and the other only naming a CIRCUIT BOARD DEVICE.

So it looks like even if I go out of my way to avoid getting such stupid useless UNHELPFUL responses, I'm still going to get them no matter what, as people here insist on only naming those 2 type of devices. (I hope you've at least gotten your commissions on that crap you're peddling). And apparently, I also have to justify WHY that I want the type of device I am asking about, because its not obvious enough to one of you geniuses why people would go to the trouble to install LE on nand. Well nuts to that. I want to buy a box soon not next year, so I'll get my information elsewhere, end of story. (insert whammy finger emoticon here :@ )

I suggest you get a Windows PC and run Windows Media Player.

Your welcome :)

Hi,

i use the latest stable Libreelc (updateted from Openelec) and this Dual-boot is what i was searching for. How can i install this image without loosing my settings (like movie database, tv-series database...)?

Kind regards

hlluke

Hi,

Pretty sure LibreELEC has a backup option in LibreELEC settings.
    Use this to create a backup.
    Then copy this backup to a USB stick.
    Install my image.
    Go into settings and restore the backup.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi all,

I have created some nice dual boot images for LibreELEC + Lakka.

NOOBS Lite + LibreELEC + Lakka
    (Available for all Raspberry Pi versions)

Included in LibreELEC is a simple add-on that reboots into Recalbox.
    Lakka has also been setup to boot back into LibreELEC when you exit it.

The changes to each OS are minimal (a basic add-on added to LibreELEC & autostart.sh added to Lakka).
    This allows for updating either OS (manual or standard methods) without affecting the dual boot

Get the dual boot images here (video and written instructions available):
    [How To] Lakka & KODI Dual Boot

If you prefer Recalbox instead of Lakka, see my other post HERE

Enjoy

Hi all,

I have created some nice dual boot images for LibreELEC + Recalbox.

NOOBS Lite + LibreELEC + Recalbox
    (Available for all Raspberry Pi versions)

Included in LibreELEC is a simple add-on that reboots into Recalbox.
    Recalbox has also been setup to boot back into LibreELEC instead of it's internal KODI version.

The changes to each OS are minimal (a basic add-on added to LibreELEC & custom.sh added to Recalbox).
    This allows for updating either OS (manual or standard methods) without affecting the dual boot

Get the dual boot images here (video and written instructions available):
    recalbox-kodi-dual-boot-images.html

If you prefer Lakka instead of Recalbox, see my other post HERE

Enjoy

Hi,

Just a minor annoance but when trying to get to settings (eg. SSH), and scrolling past Connections - it pauses while it searches for WiFi AP's.

Would it possible to add a delay before these start searching?

Eg. If Connections has focus for more than 500ms, then start searching.

Just to allow for quick browsing past it.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Guys,

In 7.0.1 NOOBS versions, still these 2x bug are present

1)
    In the os.json of both versions of the NOOBS build.

They list the compatible boards with single quotes eg ['Pi 2','Pi 3']
    These need to be double quotes ["Pi 2","Pi 3"] otherwise the json breaks and causes all kinds of issues.

2) The icon is too large (LibreELEC_RPi.png)

It is 64 x 64
    but should be 40 x 40

Hi guys,

1)
    In the os.json of both versions of the NOOBS build.

They list the compatible boards with single quotes eg ['Pi 2','Pi 3']
    These need to be double quotes ["Pi 2","Pi 3"] otherwise the json breaks and causes all kinds of issues.

2)
    On your downloads page the link to the Pi3/Pi3 NOOBS build is broken.

You have the link as
    LibreELEC-RPi1.arm-7.0.0-noobs.tar

It should be:
    LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.0-noobs.tar

3)
    Also, may I suggest you add the MD5 checksums to the download page for the parnaoid