Posts by KOPRajs

Hi,
    I'm trying to build the image myself so I can experiment with the code but I'm stuck with errors during kernel compilation:

Any ideas? I'm working with beta5 source code and trying to build 32-bit version with "PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make -j4".

Thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realized that I'm running on x86 host but x86_64 seems to be required for aarch64 kernel build.

Most efforts are put in the usual builds (Generic PC, Raspberry Pi, etc), and the current 80x/90x series of AMLogic.
    We're not planning to also support older/outdated AML hardware.

Why not? This outdated hardware is the same as found in original WeTek Play which is officially supported and there is already very stable public OpenELEC fork (GitHub - codesnake/OpenELEC.tv: Port of the OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes) for it so everything is sorted out (bootloader, WiFi, remote). There are many users of those boxes (G18REF or GBOX MX2) as those were first really usable low-cost Kodi boxes available. I'd say dual Cortex-A9 1,5 GHz, 1 GB RAM and Mali-400 MP is not so outdated yet.