Hi Sorry I just need to clarify something
So I took a brand new USB ( 8GB) and formatted it in EXT3 using Easyus partition master and labelled it as LIBREELEC_DISK . I am currently using windows 10 and as soon as its formatted, windows give me a pop up saying the drive needs to be formatted so I can not copy 8.0.0.Zip file as I am trying to install from recovery method on Mx2 box. I have installed android firmware on the box and if some one can help me with what to do next or advise that would be very much appreciated.
I have been previosly working on Openelec and librelec versions so just need to know how can i put/paste 8.0.0.zip file on EXT3 formatted USB drive as windows 10 is prmpting me to format the drive first
How does this work?
The 8.0.0 build looks for the LIBREELEC_DISK label at every boot and will use the first device it finds with the correct label for storage.
You have 2 options how to install 8.0.0:
1. from a working 7.95.3:
- first run tune2fs -L LIBREELEC_DISK /dev/data on SSH
- then update to 8.0.0 using tar (copy 8.0.0.tar to update folder and reboot)
- you'll get 8.0.0 running with storage on the internal NAND (and with settings from 7.95.3 kept)
2. from the recovery:
- first install 8.0.0.zip as usual (you will get the error when booting)
- then format SD card or USB drive with EXT3 and LIBREELEC_DISK label and insert it in the box (do not let Windows format it and do not try to copy anything to it)
- reboot the box and you'll get 8.0.0 running with storage on the external device (clean installation, no settings kept)
- now you can keep running with storage on the external device (good if you have a device with broken internal NAND) or you can switch to internal NAND by running tune2fs -L LIBREELEC_DISK /dev/data on SSH and removing the external device