Posts by ShinyAndy

Android was laggy and Kodi/WePlayer/SPMC wasn't great under it so tried to install every known LE/fork build directly to SD and couldn't really get any of them to work properly. Boot loops, A/V sync issues, pops & clicks over HDMI, wouldn't sync my library, kept completely freezing, key mapping issues on the remote and the remote itself is plain dreadful. There may well have been something wrong with it but I generally found the whole experience unpleasant and not what I was hoping! I understand the Raybuntu build is almost there now but I'd given up the will to live by that point and sent it back.

SPDIF adaptor looks the same type of thing I was looking at: Neoteck HDMI Audio Extractor HDMI to Optical Spdif: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics good to know it works on the Pi at least

Similar situation to you but I sent back my Play 2, that I couldn't get to work at all, and have just ordered an Odroid C2 but will add a cheap HDMI -> SPDIF splitter from Amazon (this won't work with 4K stuff though but figured by then I'll probably have a better amp/TV). I'm hoping this will work better until the Kaby Lake stuff is a bit more readily available and the software catches up