Posts by AndyInNYC

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a LibreElec, Kodi, TV or some other problem.

As you can (hopefully) see from the picture, Kodi (using LibreElec 8.01h, but same result for other versions) doesn't format correctly on screen. All of the edges appear to be chopped off. This behavior occurs on a QBox (S905) as well as on an A95X (S905X) box.

The TV is a Dynex DX-L32-10a in a bedroom. It has a stated resolution of 1366 x 768 and 720p format.

Setting the Kodi input for 1080i gets this result (as does setting it for 720p).

The set does not have an accessible overscan control (greyed out in the setup menu). The only setting is a wide/cinema/zoom which results in the same or worse - in normal it makes the picture take up the center of the screen and still be clipped as displayed in the image attached.

I would blame this on the television but for the fact that my DirecTV receiver HR-24 500 (I think) - a high def DVR - displays correctly and is set to kick out a 1080i signal.

Any thoughts on a fix? It chops off enough of the picture (in a video as well) as to be virtually unusable.

Thanks.

Andrew

I have a QBox, which often comes with the remote in post #11.

My remote, however, looks like this.

Whatever remote.conf file I copy to the .config directory fails to work - pushing buttons has no effect and I need to ssh, delete the file and reboot to gain control.

Anyone have a qbox with this remote? Or, should any remote.conf built for this remote work on my machine?

Help?

Andrew

It's weird, if I press OK on my TV remote the box boots up just like it does pressing the power button on its original remote.
    If I SSH into Libreelec and see what happens when I press that button and type in dmesg -c after that, I get following answer:

Code
    remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb44fb04

Could that maybee help configuring a POWER_ON button or is this just a concidence because of a shared ir code? But the other way around it doesn't work. If I press the power button of that S905X remote the "OK" command isn't sent to my TV because nothing happens.
    TV is LG 55EG910V.

Could the CEC settings wake up the box if the TV wakes up? Try turning off CEC just as a check for whether this is the real cause of the wakeup and not the button press triggering the box.

Andrew
    [hr]
    Anyone have a QBox with a working remote.conf using the remote in post #22?

I'd like to avoid creating one from scratch (I'm too error prone) if possible.

Andrew

Teachme,

I'm not sure what box you have either. What I can tell you is that the process should be rather painless.

Download the 8.01x (x = whatever is newest) and then download a bunch of the device trees for both the 905 and 905X varieties. Look at the memory of your box and the speed of the connection to 'best guess' which to try first.

Burn the image to a fast SD card and copy 1 device tree to the root directory after renaming it dtb.img.
    If you are a Windows user, use either Rufus or Win32DiskImager to burn the image to the SD card.

Unplug the power from your box. Insert the SD card. Insert a toothpick (I use a cut off QTip to get better contact) into the AV slot until you feel/hear the click of the reset button; if you have an external reset button, just hold that. Continue to hold the reset button down and plug the power back in. When the LibreElec logo appears, release the reset button.

Hopefully you will have chosen the right device tree to rename to dtb.img and be done.

Otherwise, see what works and what doesn't. You should get a boot - the device tree controls networking, etc.

If you don't have networking or 'it doesn't work', try another image.

My friend bought a QBox after using mine. Mine is a S905; his QBox is an S905X (even though the ad said S905). This means he used a completely different device tree; once he switched to a 905X version to match the memory, he was up and running.

You won't hurt your box trying different dtb.img files - just find one that (hopefully) works. You don't have to reburn the SD card; just copy over the old dtb.img with the new candidate.

If it isn't booting, it likely means you aren't holding down the reset switch or holding it down long enough.

Once you remove the SD card, the machine will be as it was before and boot into Android. The next time you install the SD card, however, you won't have to hold the reset switch down.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Andrew

I've installed the latest and greatest LibreELEC on my S905 device (2/16 memory configuration).

Everything works beautifully, but I can't, for the life of me get the time to correctly display.

I have gone into LibreELEC settings, Network and set up ntp servers and set the wait time to 10 seconds (and as much as 60), but the display seems to pick a correct time for the minutes but the hour will be randomly set 2 to 8 hours ahead - it varies from boot to boot, it seems.

I have entered various ntp servers - from pool.ntp.org to 1.north-america.pool.ntp.org to military servers and others I've found via google. I have also tried pointing to my router, which supplies everything else with the time.

I have used both text and IP addresses. No fix.

The device is on a wired network and the wireless has been turned off. All of my other computer equipment gets

The build I'm using was under: LibreELEC 8.0 (Kodi 17 Krypton) community builds from kszaq:

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

I believe what Cronic wants is, effectively, a bare metal backup. He wants a [2] GB file which represents all the writeable/readable area on the device so that he can push this binary file onto the new device(s) and end up with absolute clones.

With linux, I'd use Clonezilla. He'd like to know what program/proce4ss can be used for the device.

I believe I've explained the problem; I have no idea how it is solved.

Andrew