Posts by mxlance

we have old tired eyes and small tv screens.

Is there a way to increase the cursor/pointer size when in chrome add-on?

I tried changing the skin pointer.xml but no effect in chrome.

thank you

BTW: Thank you so much for this add-on it solves more than one problem for us!

I realize this is not specifically a libreelec problem, but I am confused about SMB in libreelec 8.2.0.

I hope someone is willing to clear some of this up for me or point me in the right direction to find answers.

I have 2 chrome boxes and a raspberry pi 3 running libreelec 8.2

from my kubuntu 17.10 laptop, when attempting to connect to libreelec/kodi via smb I must change to smb1 as minimal. Connection works fine.

However it was my understanding/misunderstanding that sm2 and smb3 good, smb1 bad. Also kubuntu and libreelec 8.2 both use smb3. So why the need to use smb1 in order to connect.

Thank you for any assistance

I understand this is a samba/smb issue. I have been reading here and elsewhere but to be honest much over it is over my head.

In an attempt to get it working I tried so far:

Kodi Settings > Services > SMB client > Maximum Protocol version > SMB1 and tried SMB2
    LibreElec > Services > Minimum supported protocol >SMB1
    LibreElec > Services > Maximum supported protocol >SMB2

No Go. Any ideas what I am missing?

Note: PlexKodiConnect addon provides similar service with plex and kodi as the emby addon does.

I asked the provider of the addon and he is unable to offer any suggestions at this time.

If a fix is not available at this time can I easily roll back LibreElec to previous version that did work?

Thank you for the help

Thank youI
    installed this -
    "@ marv_el
    can you try this chromium version?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/agwsduci3h2tde...4.zip?dl=0 "

No more Aw snap error but flash did not work so installed the following -
    "@ LaLadaI had the same problem. I solved it this way:
    1) Download https://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/flashpl..._64.tar.gz
    2) Unzip the file libpepflashplayer.so
    3) The Copy libpepflashplayer.so to /storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chromium/bin/PepperFlash/ "

Chromium and flash work, and no aw snap error.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

New LibreElec user
    Thanks to a tip from LaLada ( thread-3672.html ) I now have flash working., mostly.
    I am getting the Aw, Snap error. I do not use facebook but the problem is on may sites I need to use, such as nyra.com
    I have tried may things suggested in search results. No Go.

So is this fixable, is this as good as it gets or do I just need to wait for an update?

Thank you

Thank you for the reply
    I can add the shares in kodi as a sources no problem.
    That is working great.
    I need to mount a share that tvheadend will recored to.
    I would prefer a location on my networked drives but even an attached external drive or sd card would help.
    I do not understand how to mount either in LibreElec so tvheadend can see it.
    Thank you

Totally bewildered by SMB share or mounting an attached external drive.
    First thank you all.I am new to LibreElec and Linux.
    With the information here and in the Kodi forum I have successfully installed Libreelec on my chromebox.
    I have Tvheadend 4.2 runningI have EPG working, recording and time-shifting
    Wow, I thought Tvheadend and the EPG was going to fry my brain in its shell.
    I am totally lost with how to mount a smb share or an attached external drive to record to.
    Most of what I have read is over my head.
    I have searched and read here as well as both the kodi and tvheadend forums.
    I have aMac Mini OSX 10.8.5 hosts my sharesChromebox with LibreElec 7.95.1 and tvheadend 4.2
    Any guidance is greatly appreciated
    thank you

hello,
    I am really new to libreElec
    this is my first post here
    hope I am in the right place
    I want to convert from galliumOS to libreElec
    a browser and flash are a must.
    Tried chromium addon version tried 8.1.106 and version 8.1.104 in libreElec 7.90.010, clean install today.
    Flash is not working, is this operator error?

Chromebox
    LibreElec 7.90.010Kodi 17.0beta7 git:17.0-beta7-eed32e7
    chromium: tried 8.1.106 and version 8.1.104
    configure: default settings also tried turning on and off other settings-no go.
    actions: ran netflix and flashplayer support
    Thank you.