Posts by bite_your_idols

EmulationStation is something I dont control... I just grabbed an old version binaries from Escalades custom build and it used to work, but it is something I dont use so I cant tell you if it is compatible with LE9.

OK, so I have compiled a set of extra libs that are required for 1.7.4 to run on LibreElec 8.90.005 (though only for Gen, since I don't currently have my Pi running).

1.7.4 requires 109 MB of libs to run. It works! - but there are some black squares on some menus where icons are supposed to be. I am not sure why this is; I just copied the binary and all the 85 required libs, so maybe I am missing something. (Edit: I have the original deb archives in tar format, there is an asset directory which is supposed to be in /usr/share/libretro)

You can get it here: retroarch-gen.zip

BTW, I was right. LibreElec is compatible with Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks but I already have both RPi and Gen RA 1.7.4 binaries compiled, I use Lakka project to compile using LE toolchain so it needs no additional libs, just the ones missing in LE9, lakka is still based in LE8.

When I can get some free minutes I will upload the updated pre-release to test

To run it using SSH you should call addon.py or directly this command "sh ./addon.sh retroarch" (note that you need to specify name of the addon after file)

I personally have all my romset collections in an external HDD with my movie and music collections pluggedto my RPi just when I want to play sometihng, and I use AEL to launch them from kodi, but I think every user has each own way to short his/her collection ;)

Here you have:

libva.so.1

libva-drm.so.1

libva-x11.so.1

As another user told me once, I just download LibreELEC 8 image file and using 7zip I extract lib folder from SYSTEM file, then I get missing libs...

When lakka updates to LE9 retroarch compilation will use LE9 libs and those files won't be necessary...

After you tell me it works I have to prepare addon update to include them in addon zip, also I can try to update to RA 1.7.4 but I need to get some free time...

ok, I tested it just in my RPi... so let's go to update for Gen...

I just updloaded those missing libs over here, you need to download and place them into lib folder inside retroarch addon folder and reboot.

Tell me if it works.

Thanks, anyway I got this solved by running the command 'ldd game.retroarch-Gen' after doing 'cd' to '/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch '. There it showed the missing libs, and I did not have to install LE8 build, but just by using 7z to extract the contents from the 'SYSTEM' of the 'LE8' installer. It would have been helpful to make that as a sticky for those who are struggling with making it work. The retroarch debug log would also help. Now my problem is ES seems to lose the controller settings after loading the game. And now im trying to figure how to make AEL work cause the only place where i can get the asset files are from the repository. For some reason the 'script.gamestarter' was not created. And it wasn't clear how to pull the assets from the addon.

As you can see here you just need to go to Retroarch addon settings and download AEL assets. That will download this package and unzip it in default emulators folder (/storage/emulators/ael-assets). After that go to AEL addon settings and import systems you want.

By the way, thanks for the tip abput using 7zip to browse inside "system" file XD, could you please tell me what libs are missing so I can update the addon?

Hello,

I have an Intel Compute stick with LE Millhouse version installed. Stable version doesn't support the wi-fi in my compute stick. I tried following the installation but I can't get retroarch to start and it goes back to Kodi. I checked the logs and it says "

libavcodec.so.57: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" I've searched your repository, google and still I can't make it to work. I even tried installing "script.gamestarter-v2.9-LE9alpha.zip" and prev build of retroarch offered from your addon. Any thoughts about this?

LE9 builds are not official and they change day by day, so I can not update addons everytime devs make a critical update.

What you can do is to install LE8 build, copy to your computer libavcodec.so.57 lib file, then go back to LE9 again and place the file in addon lib folder. If you post here the file anyone using LE9 in Generic devices could use it, also I could include it in a new addon release. If you can not do that just wait for me updating the addon when I have some free time to get the file.