Posts by marc.bau

I have a tvheadend 4.0 configuration that took me 2 days to get completed in past. Mostly because I need to wait hours for scanning, uncheck 1500 useless channels that have been found and re-sorting and so on.

Now tvheadend 4.2 can be installed on LibreElec and it has some benefits I'm waiting for. However I'd like to know how I can upgrade my old 4.0 settings to 4.2. How can this done? I really do not like to redo all settings again...

I'm running local tvheadend on libreelec 8.0. If the system starts up, tvheadend pvr complains 30 seconds that it has lost connection to tvheadend server on localhost and tries to reconnect. Than it connects after tvheadend started up and refreshes the channels and so on. I can wait, but it could be less "there exists a problem" where no problem is.

Is it possible to make the PVR client addon waiting for tvheadend or change the boot order to start tvheadend before kodi or tvheadend client?

I have a serious problem with backup and cannot exclude recording folder or I just don't know how. So if this is possible somehow I would be more than happy to get the answer what file I need to change.

I have currently over 2TB data in /storage/recordings from tvheadend recordings.

Now if I run an backup of the kodi system this takes nearly a half day only for the backup and another half day for the restore. I guess the tar process is "too much" for the small atom CPU. While the backup is running I cannot use kodi. This is a not so funny situation.

To resolve the issue I'd like to exclude the /storage/recordings folder from backup. This should help me creating a backup of all settings without recordings. I'm not sure if this problem also affects the tvshows and videos folders as these are empty on my system.

Is there any workaround? I never tried to reconfigure tvheadend to use the tvshow folder. Not sure if this one is excluded. In github I have only found a backup restore script, but no backup script.

Could you add the json file to Index of / so we can add this as update channel, please.

There is serious bug that requires me to downgrade from 8.0 to 7.90.010 and this update channel file would make the required downgrade a lot easier than running a manual downgrade via ssh with a wget download. It least it would make things easier in the libreelec gui.

The reason why I need to downgrade is thread-4000.html

I posted the issue and debugs in thread-4000.html . Seriously, later releases are all unstable. My complete htpc is no longer usable. 100% reproducible.

Thanks for the link. I hope the manual downgrade from 8.0 still works.
    [hr]
    Downgrade worked somehow.

Would be great if someone could add the releases.json to this archiving server root so users can add this url as custom update channel. Currently I only get invalid url errors.

I shared several logs. All show the crash. Later ones of libreelec.

The startup issues of tvheadend to localhost are not so important. Pvr client just reconnects again and again until tvheadend has started. Than everything works fine for a week or so. Than it may crash.

As you guess I also think this is a streaming issue. It crashed quite often on streaming issues. Kodi must not crash on streaming issues. If we have very bad weather with strong rain / snow the signal may go away... kodi must not crash than. Just show bas signal or lost signsl, but never crash.

Upgraded to v7.95.2 BETA and still the same bug. Downgraded again :@

All tvheadend recordings are broken. So it is safe that this is between tv card and tvheadend. It is not a tvheadend client streaming issue. Older recordings are playing fine, everything new that is recorded or views show permanent artefacts. It is not possible to view anything anymore.

This is a clear showstopper for a final release I think. This software is no longer fully usable. Tv does not work at all.

Yesterday I've upgraded from 7.90.010 to v7.95.1. Directly the channel startet with the loading image and artefacts. The picture was totally broken. Waiting has not helped. A reboot has also not helped. I switched to several other tv channels and everywhere the same issue. No chance to view TV anymore.

I have downgraded directly and I'm now back to a working system. That was not a "weather" problem.

I'm running tvheadend 4.0 server and tvheadend pvr in this htpc with a digital devices cine s2 card. MB is an zotac atom with nvidia card.

From time to time kodi stops show a black screen with a curser in the center of my screen and than just restarts.

This sometimes happened on bad signal situations (DVB-S2 with tvheadend) in OE 7.0 after the system was running 5-7 days. To see if this happend with LE I just tried to install LibreELEC 7.90.010 on a second disk to see if this may improve issues, but it does not. Since LE has the same base as OE I'm attaching all the logs and a dmesg.txt if you need to know something about the hardware.

As of now I'm not sure how to reliable reproduce the issue. In LE I would say channel switching may be a reason. It happens in many situations, but as I'm using PVR or PVR menus in 100% of the time when the crashes happened this issues may be related to PVR.

If you need more information let me know what else you need, please.