Posts by pharcycle

not the answer to your question but a better (in my opinion) way to achieve the same result would be to define a static lease on your DHCP server (usually your router) by MAC addresses. This way your LE device is still configured by DHCP but you can manage all your devices from your router.

I would wager that it does.

I have no personal experience with it but it uses the same processor as the RPi3 and it specifically states in that page you linked to that it supports OpenELEC and LibreELEC. Hopefully someone who has one could chip in or you could get it on a punt and see if it does - they can't be that expensive? A power on switch would certainly be more handy than having to plug / unplug the usb power each time you want to start the Pi!

I suppose the only thing to consider is that the RPi is well used, well supported and there is a plethora of tutorials available to configure the RPi and the open/libreelec. The added performance of this device I doubt is going to make any difference to playback (menus may be a little snappier) so you're taking a gable on support and compatibility for no real gain. However that's just my heard mentality suggesting you'd be better in a crowd rather than on your own! I believe devices like this are designed to essentially be compatible with the RPi so don't let that put you off, I think it's unlikely you'll have any real issues, just pointing out that if you do it could be harder to get support.