Posts by infoalter

Hi guys

I have a T95N Mini MX box on order, but doubt that the seller will be able to send me a link where i can download the firmware...

That is exactly what i was thinking for my seller too, but then, i just asked him, so... Ask him
    The seller should be able to send you a link to download the firmware.

I also hear this box is EXCELLENT, especially when combined with OE/LE

Good morning K i have minimx 1/8, but i dont have update zip files given to me, updates are done OTA.
    Would send you device tree if someone can tell me a way to copy the file from the android existing installation on the box. I have noidea where it is ( i take it there is in there somewhere lol )
    If not possible, i could also email Gerabest to ask for the so called "zip update" BUT although i m a good customer i dont expect much support on that :)

If there is a leak, you might succeed to spot it with 'top'?

Maybe? :) Already said i dont know much, so dont ask me whats the meaning of those numbers lol
    This is at a time when i see memory 77% in Kodi, so its just about to freeze, still responsive though - so for anyhting those might worth, here it is:

In my test it does not work either, drops RAM usage by 2-3 percent

I have also read tutorials about tuning virtual RAM in linux, came to conclusion the problem shoud be dirty pages, resources cannot be set free by drop_caches. So, i have also been testing performance for long time last night with settings like

Code
    echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
    echo 15 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_ratio
    echo 5 > /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_ratio

None of those really solves this problem... There is a memory leak that needs to be itentified and patched, sounds like an Amlogic job to me, not a kodi issue

The Amlogic memory management issue is now solved for you guys?
    Symptoms (in my case): Memory usage always increasing by a small ammount with every new video play, memory not released after video playback stopped,
    with every new video playback extra memory is added, resulting in freeze after a day or two ( or in an hour or two, depending on how one uses the player.... )

It has been proposed today in amlinuxmedia forum by alex a solution that would free up memory:

Code
    sync; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

Said to work via cron job that could run daily...
    I dont know much about linux, so i m just mentioning for you gurus, maybe it can be included in future builds until a propper fix in amlogic linux code
    Maybe a script can keep an eye for memory load every few minutes, and run when > 70% or something .. dunno :S

Ah yes it says DVB-T and i see you need T2... In that case , sorry... i dont know which one is the cheapest that works good lol :)
    I do know that H.264 MPEG4 HD channels play fine here with this dongle, but protocol here is dvbt.
    For other people that may need it, this is a cheap dongl that does work fine ;)

You need to install 2 things for a live TV setup in Kodi: A program called "backend" or "server" that will "see" the hardware, operate manage the hardware ( ie setup all needed hardware settings, scan for channels, tune in to a channel, ...)
    and a program called the "frontend", best known as PVR client, a Kodi addon.
    IMHO best by far is the TVHeadend.
    No worries, BOTH programs needed come with Libreelec, and its just a click to install them.
    First, the "backend", its a script, fo to addons, install from repository, browse in Libreelec repository, SERVICES, you ll find it there. Click, select, install. Easy! :) Runs in the backround as a service
    Then, you have to do some work, before installing the PVR Client in Kodi and enable TV in Kodi, you have to setup the backend. As explained above, you can setup the tuner and scan for channels, setup channel names, numbers if you like, and more... There are some video tutorials around about this, i have found very detailed and easy to follow this one: How to configure tvheadend server - YouTube
    After finishing with backend server setup, you can go ahaid and install the TVHeadend PVR addon in Kodi ( also found in Libreelec repository with all the rest PVR plugins)
    No need to configure the PVR addon, all default settings should work OK.
    Last, enable TV in Kodi, done.
    Sounds complicated, its not. Maybe first time when you dont have any experience with the backend server part, if you follow the video instructions step by step you should be OK ;)

The cheapest USB tuner that works well with openelec should be the WandTV (and probably all those having the same chip)
    I am using it in 2 media players and also bought a third for a friend, all work flawlesly.

Comes with some sort of mini antenna with cable, a remote control and a CD, you can safelly throw all those away :P
    Just keep the USB stick ( photo ) - cost is about $11 bucks, that is about 10 euro

The Amlogic memory management issue is now solved for you guys?
    Maybe, its solved for some s905 boxes / some s905 hw configurations?
    I mean no one mentions it lately, although imho a showstopper issue...

Symptoms (in my case): Memory usage always increasing by a small ammount with every new video play, memory not released after video playback stopped,
    with every new video playback extra memory is added, resulting in freeze after a day or two ( or in an hour or two, depending on how one uses the player.... )

PS ermmm spell chek disappeared from firefox menu? agrhhhhh!!!

Ah! It looks like there is an official way afterall , to have dual audio in kodi

I already have done dual audio following the first solution, combining key map editor addon and audio profiles addon, works fine via remote, and i m sure other people reading this post in the future will try the other way too, let us know if working :)

Cheers alessandro ! Many thanks to all

Hello,
    i just installed LE in an older AMD/Nvidia PC, and it works fantastic
    Would be even happier, if it was possible to have audio through the headphones jack too...
    I mean, sure i can choose audio output > analog and hear my music via the headphones. Works OK. And then, i have to go through settings again, and switch back to HDMI to get audio in the TV for watching movies. Would be so much simpler if plugging-in the headphones jack, could be detected and auto-switch sound output, or, if easier to do, just have 2 sound outputs ON, all of the time: Same sound that plays in HDMI, also play in headphones.
    I dont need anyhting fancy, just 2 channel stereo for both, same settings for both, i dont care about 5.1 or anything..
    Any help is most welcomed Thanks!