Posts by infoalter

Edit, April 10: File deleted.

Here is an update for anyone needing the latest emu version

First, install service from Livs post above.

As explained do not update ( you can disconnect the internet when installing, and re connect after you uncheck the "auto update" button in Kodi ( My addons > services ) to prevent future updates

The, replace the oscam file found in folder .kodi\addons\service.softcam.oscam\bin with the one attached in my post

Code
    Emu version 791

In my case, it works fine with Milhouse latest nightly :

Many thanks L... i appreciate your help ...

I will definitely try!

6 more people already downloaded before me (!!!), so it looks like more people need it,

i m hoping whenever someone has a newer version to post it here and keep this topic alive with updates

I will do that

thanks

Edit: looks like chmod is not working, ...so, remove + fix using windows should be the way...

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # chown root /var/media/TERA
    chown: /var/media/TERA: Read-only file system
    LibreELEC:~ # chmod 777 /var/media/TERA
    chmod: /var/media/TERA: Read-only file system
    LibreELEC:~ # chmod 0777 /var/media/TERA
    chmod: /var/media/TERA: Read-only file system
    LibreELEC:~ #

Looks like i managed to corrupt an entire hard disk permissions. My fault.

The disk happens to be the one with all my videos collection............

Now, libreelec can read BUT not write

It looks like the problem is with entire DISK, not some directories or just some files.

I was trying via network (windows) to change permission, windows see libreelec ownership and have no authority to change permissions :

DxtMLWnWkAAD3tN.jpg

So, i guess only chance is to make things right via SSH.

I dont know much about SSH, only the basics.. so, any help is most welcomed

thanks ....

Its been some days now running 8.2.5-6.42.2-4.16.15 on my Asrock J5005 (Gemini Lake) and i must tell you i m IMPRESSED.

100% stable, never EVER crashed or frozen, although system is heavily loaded (thousands of movies, films, TV recodrings)

Response is ultra fast, everything plays fine without any CPU stress, GUI is fluid, its all amazing.

No words to thank you enough all you guys, kudos @sky42 your work is AWESOME.

I just bought a newer generation motherboard (Gemini Lake ASROCK J5005),knowing that there will be issues with Libreelec, so, i m not expecting miracles, yet i dont want to install windows, although i do have a spare students license. I insist in using Libreelec.

Having read all posts in this thread (and a couple more related threads) i m still a bit confused... Question is, if i would like a somewhat "stable" version installed (less bugs to fight with), which one should i download?

I could wait a couple of weeks if things are expected to improve somehow ( some important bug fix maybe? )

Found an easier solution (easy for me that i dont know much about SSH)

I just deleted the (old incompatible) config file via the Kodi File Manager, rebooted and network share now works fine.

Just mentioning in case it will help others.

@chewitt for me, perfect, i insist. Its more than what i would expect from a software offered for free. Even this support here, in this topic, the fact that you pinpointed my problem, is way more that i would expect. All good.

Yes, i am using a custom samba.conf

Same for long long time... It is the default file actually, i have only added one share at the bottom of the file, for the entire "storage"

This is it samba_conf.zip

If this is causing the problem, could it be temp fixed somehow? I need network access for at least my TVheadend recordings folder, so that i can transfer all my recent TV recordings to our storage PC. If those are saved, i could format + reinstall libreelec from scratch

Many thanks :)

EDIT: Just to clarify, the posted samba.conf, comes from a recent backup, it's what it was BEFORE update.

I have no idea what it is right now, inside the live installation. No idea if update process or tests changed it somehow :S

Thank you all guys for answering, no i NEVER had any passwords.

I used to just open a windows explorer window, click "Network", and there it was, in the list, among all other computers in the home network.

NOW, i dont see media player there anymore, AND typing \\libreelec wont help either.

I can only access if i type IP \\192.168.1.16, and in that case it asks for a password, as explained above. Fist time i have seen/heard about passwords and password settings is now, with this recent update.