Posts by gopal

Could some one tell me how to run multiple instances of the same program?

I want to run webgrabplus simultaneously 3 instances to reduce the time and then join it all together in one process.

My current download takes 4-5 hours to complete.

I cannot get this to work with tvh. Can anyone help? keep getting:

Code
    xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: no output detected
    xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab returned no data

Have pointed file to a folder in .kodi and not userdata. I have pointed to the correct file (which is grabbing data from sites and making the xml file which is 6mb big)

So i have setup the webgrab plus on my PC and generated a XML which I now put into libreelec. Pointed the TVH server towards the file but it doesn't seem to be populating TVH epg sources.

I think its something to do with tv grab file which is as follows:

Doesn't want to work

mine takes about 5-6 seconds but that is from complete power off. i am assuming it takes some time for the box to turn on and cec to become active and then to send the signal.

however when it is on standby as you say then why is the signal sent so quickly when i press a button for kodi to become active which is instantaneously.

im curious to know why when i send command for tv to to turn on via a command or script it takes a few seconds for the hdmi cec to send that command. however waking the tv after screensaver is instant volume up down is instant when it is not me sending the commands manually via script.

how can i make sure my commands are instant.

i have tried

echo "on 5" | cec-client -s -d 1

this takes a good 5 seconds or so to turn on

can anyone help me to map a script to a button i press on the remote? i want to use the power tv button on the wp2 remote to power the avr reciever on.

im running the beta of krypton by raybuntu

i can power on using the following command in ssh

echo "on 5" | cec-client -s

i want this to be the on off button for avr if already on then turn off if off turn on any clues?

also want to add a script as a favourite and run it from there if this is possible.

The screenshot is not helpful. Get us a full debug log, please

Sorry, new to this i thought the codec might be relevant to people.

Another thing i noticed was if I turn off hardware acceleration so only HD and lower played with hardware acceleration off then it did work. However I do not want to be toggling hardware on off for videos that can or cannot support it and would really would want to use the hardware acceleration as less load on the system and i feel as if the quality is better since i see less deinterlacing lines if that makes sense.

ah thanks that worked.

i think i know the problem now it was that i made it in windows and my eol was windows and not unix. thats probably the issue

since you know your way around it, maybe u can help me out with this as part of extension of this.

Every time kodi is started i want to run this script but only if the file is not equal to today's date.

I am very new to bash any help would be great.

thank you again:

I seem to have narrowed the problem down. When creating the file, it is not saving it as "

Code
    rytecxmltv-UK.gz

but rather

Code
    rytecxmltv-UK.gz?

I don't know why that is i have tried multiple times to create a new file start from scratch, type it in etc. It doesn't seem to be working. When i manually go in, it just sppears to be a sapce in the file name at the end 'rytecxmltv-UK.gz '

Further more, it still keeps saying no directory found when trying to gunzip.

Perhaps you can send me the .sh file with this in it maybe windows doing something funny?

Btw i have gone in manually made this file "executable" through properties of winscp. making it "777"

Thanks