Posts by flechoide

Hi,

Yesterday I rebooted my Libreelec raspberry pi 3, it was updated, so far so good, when I played a tv show the video was good as always and so was the sound.

After a while (about two minutes) sound begins to drop and finally its out, also video drops to an begin to play slow or even freeze, also another thing different is that before the update the videos loaded quite fast, but now the videos load with an circle loading transition that begins to load and takes about 4 seconds.

That happens with any video file.

Ive tested the nas (videos are placed into a separated nas) and it works fine, I played the video from another host (an x86 machine with windows 8.1) and I was not able to reproduce the problem.

Ive been using Libreelec into my raspberry pi 3 for playing tv shows for about a year, I suspect the issue is related to the recent update, not saying the update is wrong or has any bugs, but maybe I need to tweak something from settings, Ive also tried to put everything to default but I had no luck.

If someone experienced something similar please any advice would be apreciated

Copying KERNEL and SYSTEM from 7.9.010 tar to a 7.0.2 bootstick will give you a 7.90.010 bootstick so there's not really any point in doing that - just write the 7.90.010 image to your USB bootstick. The instructions I gave in the Kodi forum post were specific to my build and the current official release available _at that time_ (mainly because I don't provide image suitable for booting/installing), when upgrading a 7.0.2 or similar bootstick with the KERNEL and SYSTEM files from one of my tar builds is/was valid. However now that there are official releases available based on the latest kernel, that advice is obsolete and should not be followed.

Thanks a lot !

So as tittle says im having issues installing libre LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2 elec on Assrock J4205-ITX . I also have issues with open elec (not sure if its helpful) , however open elect finish installation but loibre elec does not, everything is ver very slow all along the install process.

However alfa 7.90.10 seems to work ok, very smooth install and very nice appearance.

Can I use that alfa with no major bugs ? I read that post from milhouse : LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)

I asume what milhouse says is to copy files KERNEL and SYSTEM from 7.90.10 to 7.0.2 right ?

Whats my best option, stay on 7.90.10 or do the trick with SYSTEM and KERNEL ?