Posts by ukmark62

umark62 and RowanDDR did you also install new device tree?

Code
    dd if=path_to_new_device_tree of=/dev/dtb bs=256k

I copied the working device tree (dtb.img) for my unit to the root of the SD card before I did the toothpick install. This is the same device tree used in v007 which is working fine. Is there a different procedure for the devel builds??

Hi kszaq,

I'm running v007 fine on NAND. Using Beelink MX64 (2gb memory and 8gb flash with 1g ethernet and ap6330 wifi). My setup is simple - unit connected to TV via HDMI (no external speakers, audio equipment etc....)

I tried installing both latest devel version on SD and both exhibit same issue. Audio is completely garbled - it's completely unintelligible - difficult to describe but like someone is trying to talk underwater - it's also badly out of sync (as far as I can tell :) )

Hello,

since I'm running LE 7.02.007 on my Beelink Mini MXIII (sd-card), the calibration of the monitor changes after reeboot. After recalibration, it often works only until the next reboot. I didn't had this problems with former versions, Any idea?

Cheers
    Mark

Gesendet von meinem H60-L04 mit Tapatalk

Sounds like the problem I have (using Beelink MX64).

Rebooting from within Kodi, then the edges are cut off. I find that as soon as I play back any video (even for 1 second), the screen corrects itself until the next 'soft' reboot.
    However, turning off, unplugging and powering on works fine.

This behaviour is the same for both NAND and SD.

Hi kszaq,

Congrats to you for this build (.007). It's a big improvement (for me) over .005. :)

The only (small) issue I have to report is this:-

I'm running v007 on micro SD card on Beelink MX64 (2gb ram, 8gb NAND and 1gig ethernet - wifi AP6330). It appears that when rebooting from kodi (using the kodi built-in command 'Reboot', the screen size in the kodi GUI is slightly wrong - the screen is slightly too large to fit in the display - the edges are not completely visible. However, if I play any video file (even for just 1 second) and then stop playback, the screen is corrected and everything works perfect from that point onwards.

Whenever I power up from cold, the problem does not occur, just appears to be rebooting from within kodi - so far it happens every time.

I would rate this as a minor problem as the screen corrects itself as soon as any file is played. Also, when it does happen, the GUI is usable, it's just that the edges (top, bottom, left and right) are slightly chopped off.

I have used the video calibration in kodi and both the kodi GUI calibration and the kodi playback calibration are identical in terms of setup values. My screen size is 1920x1080 at 60p. The offsets are (-2,0) top left, (-2,0) bottom right, and 1065 for the subtitle line.

FYI, I also have an S812 box running wilro's LE v7 (which I know you did a lot of work on!) from micro SD and this issue does not occur on that device.

Thanks very much once again for your efforts - I'm really enjoying using my MX64 now (playback from LE kodi is so much better than kodi using the Android firmware).

Please test an updated tree: gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb

@all I updated device trees directory, the only additional/changed device trees are for MiniMXIII (1st rev) and "MXQ Pro 4K". They both have a corrected system partition size to hopefully prevent filesystem errors when installed to NAND.

Hi kszaq,

You da man!! OTG working - yesss!!

Everything looking good.

Cheers!

EDIT: Also managed to get the remote working. I looked in Android under the /etc folder and there was a remote.conf (correctly copied to the root of the SD card during the LE install - but this did not work). Also found a second file under /etc called remotesecond.conf. This file was 3k whereas the remote.conf was 2k. So I replaced the remote.conf on the root of SD card with remotesecond.conf (renamed to remote.conf) and bingo my remote is working - no need to copy any remote.conf to the config folder in kodi.

Never seen a remotesecond.conf file before - but it worked for me.

I assume that you renamed the file to dtb.img and rebooted, right? Can you provide me with device tree from Andoid in a dedicated thread?

Hi kszaq,

Yes - renamed to dtb.img and rebooted. The only thing I can find for the MX64 is the following .dtd file from another user on freaktab. I have no zip files for the MX64 but I do have the firmware on my device. However, I can't find the dtb.img file in Android.

Pls find attached the .dtd file for MX64:-
    mx64.zip

Using Beelink MX64 box with 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory and 1Gig Ethernet.

I can't find a device tree for this box - the closest I can find is for the M18. I've tried installing 7.02.007 by downloading device tree gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb.

Then renamed it to dtb.img. The install goes fine but neither my stock remote nor the OTG port is working. I'm thinking this is because of the device tree??

I can get a USB remote to work but I really need to free up the USB ports and get the OTG port working again. I can't find any zip file where I can extract the dtb.img for the MX64 - all the files I can find are .img files. Android runs fine on NAND.

Any ideas - this is running LE from micro SD card??

PS. With v7.02.005, the OTG port and stock remote work, but cannot get .006 or .007 to work - both cause remote and OTG to not be recognized. I did try installing .006 using the M18 device tree image but same results. The remote.conf file is copied from Android to the SD card during install and appears to be the correct .conf file. I even tried copying the remote.conf to /config folder inside kodi but still no joy.

Thanks.

No. I'm saying that if you uses phenomenal skin then it would work in it. I have no idea what's going on with Apptv skin.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I installed the APPTV skin and it is not very customizable. I don't see a way to add a submenu option. I'm guessing directly copying the Confluence xml to Xonfluence works so well because both skins are very similar.

It's a lot easier using skins where you can add your own menu and submenu items (Mimic, Aeon Nox, Refocus, Metropolis, Eminence 2.0 are ones I have done). This way also means that if you upgrade the skin to a later version, you will keep the new 'reboot to nand' option intact, as you are not modifying the .xml directly, but via the skin settings.

My original post did have a typo - as quitroot said, it is System.Exec and NOT Exec.System as I had put .

If I were to try it in APPTV I would add the following text to DialogButtonMenu.xml after "togglebutton" id="10" (i.e. put the new code in after line 157), as you have to use a number that has not previously been used - so I used 11 as it is not used in the xml as far as I can tell. Something like below might work (not tested as yet). Set the 'Quit button action' in 'Home Menu' to 'Power Menu'. Remember, if you upgrade the skin, you'll probably lose these changes - so you may want to turn 'auto update' off for APPTV skin, or you'll have to re-apply the changes each time the skin is upgraded.

Reboot once you have changed the xml.

<control type="button" id="11"><!-- Reboot to NAND -->
    <width>360</width>
    <height>50</height>
    <align>center</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <textwidth>330</textwidth>
    <font>font11</font>
    <onclick>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</onclick>
    <visible>System.CanReboot</visible>
    <label>Reboot to NAND</label>
    </control>

Would be great if you can build the menu "reboot from nand" to phenomenal skin.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have done this in several skins (I use about 6) by adding it as a submenu option to my 'Shutdown' main menu item. You could also add it as an extra main item on the home menu also. The key is to use 'custom item' when setting up the submenu option.

Where I already have a shutdown menu, I also have the standard reboot as a submenu option. I add 'Reboot Android' as another submenu option. Just add another item to the submenu panel in Kodi as usual, and then click on the 'Change action' setting in the submenu panel. Then, page down till you see 'Custom item' (or something similar) as an option and select that - I think it's the last option on the list. Then type in the following text:-

System.Exec(/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand)

So far I can only get this to work where you are allowed to enter custom actions. For example, in Xonfluence, I can't find a way of doing this, so I edited the DialogButtonMenu.xml.

The advantage of adding it as a submenu option is that skin upgrades should not remove that setting. I also found that when I added it to one of my skins - it was automatically added to the other skins (those that have the ability to enter 'custom item' that is).

The issues i have with this build:

1) wiping data/cache via recovery = no more LE and drops you to the LE shell instead, which explains my above post.
    2) remote is not 100% functional however all buttons worked 100% with android prior to flashing. Now only OK, arrow keys, home buttons work and Back and volume +/- do not do anything once on LE. Copying the remote.conf from my working OE build (based on alex sources) or the remote.conf from alexs github for the mxq = nothing works dead remote. Anyway to fix the back button?
    3) power off and reboot work when using the Kodi soft buttons, after selecting 'power off system' the box powers off and turns back on when the power button is pressed on the remote. However if you press the power button on the remote while the box is already on it looks like it powers off but no longer powers back on with the remote. I suspect the device goes into suspend and gets stuck in limbo which was the same issue with all OE builds i tried. I'm hoping suspend can be disabled completely and once you press the power button on the remote it just powers off the box instead. Suspend seems useless and breaks things so hoping this can be addressed in a future build.

I will test hd audio 3d etc in the coming days.

For point 2: I've never had an issue copying the remote.conf from the Android firmware that came with the box to OE/LE - strange that your remote isn't working 100%. You can also try installing 'Keymap Editor' program addon from Kodi repository. You can map/re-map most of your remote keys - worth a go - takes seconds to install. I use it on OE/LE and most of my remote buttons are now mapped to useful functions within Kodi.